• > STAY SAFE - WEAR A MASK - or whatever way you choose to deal with this thing! Dear MobiMembers - We are all aware of the still current serious situation facing us all right now! Continue to heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others and remain well. As much as we are able, let's all help each other to stay sane in our social distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Much love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt and all your MobiStaff... x x <

Elements of Surprise RESULT: EOS #147

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Congratulations to everyone who participated in EOS challenge #146! EOS had a short summer break and is ready for some collaborative creative energy! This thread will kick off the 147th challenge... those interested in participating please sign up here. :thumbs:

Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE.
Check out our past EOS final pieces in the Gallery HERE.

Specific Rules & Guidelines for this Elements of Surprise Challenge:

(1) Using apps such as, but not limited to, Juxtaposer, Superimpose, Montage, Image Blender and so on, this challenge is an iPhotographic "tag team" of sorts. Each person will take their turn, handing off the photo to the next person and so on until everyone playing has participated.

(2) There will be a "sign up" period and everyone who wants to play will go on a list.

(3) Sign up will last for up to 5 day(s) max OR once there are at least 5 people on the list, then the challenge will begin. Any latecomers will be added to the list.

(4) Player #1 (determined by the first person who posts up the word "MINE!", which alerts the Team that they are going to take the next add) will post a simple photo containing one "element" of their choice. For example, a photo of a flower; a photo of just the sky; a photo of a winding road. OR, you can simply create a "background" image of just texture, with nothing else on it or it may contain ONE ELEMENT.

(5) Player #2 (again, the next person who posts up the word "MINE!") will then add ONE ELEMENT to the photo using any app of their choice. For example, add a flower, a butterfly or a kitchen sink using Juxtaposer. The only limits are your creativity!

(6) Player #3 will then add ONE ELEMENT to the most recent image, and so on until everyone has taken a turn.

NOTE: Your element should be chosen by searching through your camera roll and finding an image that you took, or a collage/art piece that you created - you can use either the entire image or a bit of something within the image - and create your add using blending apps to remove the bits you don't want, playing with different blend modes, etc.

If you have an idea for an add, but can't find just the right image from your own camera roll, this is a great photo opportunity to look around and find an image to snap. You can supplement your add with filters, etc. if you choose,
but the add itself must be something from your camera roll.

(7) Each player will be allowed 24 HOURS to add their ONE ELEMENT, otherwise their turn is forfeited and play moves on to the next player.

(8) In keeping with the title of the Challenge, the general principle will be to reach the end image and still be able to pick out each of the many single Elements that have been added along the way.

Working together and adding discrete and, more often than not, surprising Elements will mean every participant will be a winner in this game, as we combine all of our skills and creativity to contribute towards a final piece of art!

I'd really love everyone to step out of their comfort zones. So while I think adding filters is a great way to enhance and change the mood of a photo, in this challenge it should not be the ONLY "element". By element I mean some kind of object/shape added using Juxtaposer, Image Blender, Superimpose, etc. Feel free to use filters also, but an ELEMENT must be ADDED. :thumbs:

HELPFUL HINT: If you sign up for the challenge, you can "Watch" the thread and get email notifications. This can help to alert you to the Challenge's progress, as we all get busy and can't always check in every day.:thumbs:

Who will be the next participants in this fast-paced adventure? :D

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
To name but a few... :D
That's an interesting point. I was trawling through some of Mobi's older threads yesterday and was amazed how many people there were, that were 'regular' and posting some amazing stuff, who in the short time I've been here I've never come across.
There were many from the UK whereas now there seems to be only a few, not that that has any relevance really.
I guess peoples commitments change, but it just struck me.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
That's an interesting point. I was trawling through some of Mobi's older threads yesterday and was amazed how many people there were, that were 'regular' and posting some amazing stuff, who in the short time I've been here I've never come across.
There were many from the UK whereas now there seems to be only a few, not that that has any relevance really.
Yes, I was trawling through all the members trying to find the person who posted a US seaside street scene that looked like a postcard (Hipsta I think) and I was amazed at all the people who've joined and never posted a thing. Weird.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Thanks for the tag! I think I'll watch one more round before I jump in.
Are you sure? It's super easy and fun, and even though your name is on the list, you can wait till several people go to take your turn.... :sneaky: :D :thumbs:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Yes, I was trawling through all the members trying to find the person who posted a US seaside street scene that looked like a postcard (Hipsta I think) and I was amazed at all the people who've joined and never posted a thing. Weird.
There's definitely an ebb and flow here... In the five years I've been here (is that all?? but then, hard to even remember pre-Mobi) there's always a core group who participate a lot...then I guess life kicks in or things change and some disappear (that always makes me a bit sad...like a good friend moving far away) and new people move into the neighborhood. But there's always a huge number of members that exist, as Jilly mentioned, who create accounts and that's the last you ever see of them... Odd indeed. :confused:

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
There's definitely an ebb and flow here... In the five years I've been here (is that all?? but then, hard to even remember pre-Mobi) there's always a core group who participate a lot...then I guess life kicks in or things change and some disappear (that always makes me a bit sad...like a good friend moving far away) and new people move into the neighborhood. But there's always a huge number of members that exist, as Jilly mentioned, who create accounts and that's the last you ever see of them... Odd indeed. :confused:
Not that odd, I think people join just to look. I'm a member of a ton of groups on Flickr but probably only post in 5% of them.
But then this is a forum/photo hybrid (can I say that) and maybe it just doesn't suit some hmmm shyer peeps :cheeks:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Not that odd, I think people join just to look. I'm a member of a ton of groups on Flickr but probably only post in 5% of them.
But then this is a forum/photo hybrid (can I say that) and maybe it just doesn't suit some hmmm shyer peeps :cheeks:
You don't need to join MT to look... but you must join to participate and post. Maybe it's like that Brady Bunch episode where Marcia starts high school and joins every single club, but then is overwhelmed and can't keep up. [emoji44]

dscheff

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Jeffrey
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I've been a bad boy. Too much work, I sold my house and bought a loft - downsizing hell, and have a new, and wonderful, lady in my life. It seemed that just about every time captured something I messed up the composition, the lighting, the focus. Ugh. Anyway, things have normalized at work and on the home front. So I'll be getting down to brass tacks, as they say somewhere over there ;)

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I've been a bad boy. Too much work, I sold my house and bought a loft - downsizing hell, and have a new, and wonderful, lady in my life. It seemed that just about every time captured something I messed up the composition, the lighting, the focus. Ugh. Anyway, things have normalized at work and on the home front. So I'll be getting down to brass tacks, as they say somewhere over there ;)
How wonderful!! I'm so happy for you Jeffrey!!! [emoji178][emoji177] Wishing you much joy and happiness.

And I'm a HUGE fan of downsizing... I think that after the initial stress & shock you're gonna wonder why you didn't do it sooner. [emoji106]

dscheff

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Jeffrey
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
How wonderful!! I'm so happy for you Jeffrey!!! [emoji178][emoji177] Wishing you much joy and happiness.

And I'm a HUGE fan of downsizing... I think that after the initial stress & shock you're gonna wonder why you didn't do it sooner. [emoji106]
My biggest headache is art. I have so much and less wall space. It's really difficult to choose :confused: LOL. Zenjenny's piece is hanging in my lobby though :D:thumbs: