• > UPDATE < Thanks to all who've so far DONATED helping us update MobiTog, keep 'em coming please! AND A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog is open for business with some minor stuff on-going... :)

Hipsta RESULT: Hipstamatic Magic Challenge #11

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Are you a Hipstamatic Wiz?

Wow, Hipstamatic can do that? This is a great place for discovery and to try new things and see what can be done and surprises that result. We love to see your attempts, whatever they might be. Ask a question and there’s always useful tips from the seasoned Hipstas that can take your images to the next level.

The Main Rule is simple:

1) The only apps that may be used in this Challenge are either an ordinary phone camera (i.e. with no effects) and Hipstamatic depending on what the winner decides.

The actual Hipstamatic Challenge will be decided by the winner...

The winner chooses 2 Hipstamatic Paks for the week. They can then decide on any restrictions but this is optional.

Last entries before midnight UK time on Saturday 13th April 2019. Judging will take place on Sunday 14th April 2019 or soon thereafter.

Please also see the general Mobitog Rules HERE

WINNER: JillyG Jilly

CHALLENGE: Choose a lens and a film and then stick with it throughout the whole challenge. You can add what flash you like and move all of the sliders up and down until you’re exhausted, but you must stick with your one lens and one film. Please say right at the beginning of your first post what you’re going to be using.

Last edited:

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I’ll start us off. I’m going to be using Anne-Marie Lens and Rasputin Film. Here’s two with the added Apollo flash.
E179FD68-F4E3-47C5-95BB-26332D89691C.jpeg

B62368B4-04AD-4039-817A-071152B552A4.jpeg

I’m hoping that it will simplify the taking of photos with Hipsta for the purposes of this challenge when I’m out and about.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I’ll start us off. I’m going to be using Anne-Marie Lens and Rasputin Film. Here’s two with the added Apollo flash.
View attachment 143745

View attachment 143746
I’m hoping that it will simplify the taking of photos with Hipsta for the purposes of this challenge when I’m out and about.
Just love the creamy flowers... beautiful!

sinnerjohn

Smooth Bug Catcher
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
It was great not having to think about what combo I was going to use!
I think this is where iphone owners have the advantage of being able to shoot with Hipsta. Having to download photos to my ipad to edit takes some of the spontaneity away and Hipsta isn't always the first editor that springs to mind anyway if I have the choice.
Not saying it isn't a good editor, it just takes a bit more effort!

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Americana Lens + Blanko 012 (don’t know how to get that weird symbol :confused:): found this combo on ‘What’s New’ and because it brings out sea scenes I thought it would be an interesting test with my recent holiday snaps.

Plus Triple Crown Flash
65A83313-10EA-4455-BA09-A564CB5487A0.jpeg

Last edited:

lkbside

MobiLurver
Real Name
Leslie
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
Taking a clue from others I scrolled through the what’s new features in the app. I’m going to use Lincoln and Djamma this week - I think it will work well with Santa Fe’s browns and blues.

No flash, no sliders on the first one.

70BA9B61-1998-47FA-97DB-76A3E909E535.jpeg

Jef

MobiAddict
Real Name
Jef
Device
iPhone X
You’ve had frost have you Jef? I really like this combo.
Yep, we still have some mornings in the 30s and frost. It’s been a pretty funky early spring in Virginia. And thanks! The combo came about pretty randomly and the right light is definitely needed. Too little light and the photo just looks like midnight.