• > UPDATE < Thanks to all who've so far DONATED helping us update MobiTog, keep 'em coming please! AND A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog is open for business with some minor stuff on-going... :)

Hipsta RESULT: Hipstamatic Magic Challenge #12

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Are you a Hipstamatic Wiz?

Wow, Hipstamatic can do that? This is a great place for discovery and to try new things and see what can be done and surprises that result. We love to see your attempts, whatever they might be. Ask a question and there’s always useful tips from the seasoned Hipstas that can take your images to the next level.

The Main Rule is simple:

1) The only apps that may be used in this Challenge are either an ordinary phone camera (i.e. with no effects) and Hipstamatic depending on what the winner decides.

The actual Hipstamatic Challenge will be decided by the winner...

The winner chooses 2 Hipstamatic Paks for the week. They can then decide on any restrictions but this is optional.

Last entries before midnight UK time on Saturday 27th April 2019. Judging will take place on Sunday 28th April 2019 or soon thereafter.

Please also see the general Mobitog Rules HERE

WINNER: Jef

CHALLENGE: Pablo Mark lenses which have always intrigued me. You can choose either lens for each photo. Don’t feel you have to pick one of the two and only use that one throughout the whole challenge. Feel free to choose any film or lens.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jef

MobiAddict
Real Name
Jef
Device
iPhone X
Hopefully this doesn’t alienate too many people, but I’m going with the Pablo Mark lenses which have always intrigued me. You can choose either lens for each photo. Don’t feel you have to pick one of the two and only use that one throughout the whole challenge. Feel free to choose any film or lens. Below are a few examples to maybe get the juices flowing. I’ve including original photos for reference but that is not a requirement for the challenge.

Both of these were done with Pablo Mark I then II respectively, and Delaunay 1941 film, triple crown lens.
2625483B-9DB1-4612-BB36-A20EB866EF8C.jpeg
720DCA27-EC5C-4EE8-82EF-8144C48007B4.jpeg

B9313315-7655-4528-9B33-C963CE6E5E6D.jpeg
1FD3CA0C-1009-439A-A302-6742817AB644.jpeg

sinnerjohn

Smooth Bug Catcher
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Wow, not the easiest lenses to work with but that's the whole point isn't it. I'm fascinated to see what people do with these.
I assume you have to choose your subject very carefully.

Jef

MobiAddict
Real Name
Jef
Device
iPhone X
Wow, not the easiest lenses to work with but that's the whole point isn't it. I'm fascinated to see what people do with these.
I assume you have to choose your subject very carefully.
Yeah, I’ve had some that I thought would work well that didn’t and others I never would have thought would work but do. I have wondered previously how the lens decides if it’s going to break up a photo into a 2x2 or a 9x9 mosaic. Maybe I’m just missing something easy. If it am... someone please fill me in.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Yeah, I’ve had some that I thought would work well that didn’t and others I never would have thought would work but do. I have wondered previously how the lens decides if it’s going to break up a photo into a 2x2 or a 9x9 mosaic. Maybe I’m just missing something easy. If it am... someone please fill me in.
Well, if you’re missing something, then so am I because I’ve tried to work out how it decides to break up a photo too. I looked around to see if you could make the sections smaller or larger, but didn’t find anything.

Jef

MobiAddict
Real Name
Jef
Device
iPhone X
Great result. My problem with this lens is that it makes two subjects which really doesn’t feel right but the result is interesting and in this case just taking the one side would make a cool image or somehow taking the white out and putting them together.
I guess when you find one you like you could crop it... but definitely hear what you’re saying