• > UPDATE Thread < Thanks to all who've DONATED to help with MobiTog's costs, please consider a small regular monthly sum, now possible under the new Donate tab! (NB - If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and help with expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has a few minor updates/improvements to complete... :)

Hipsta RESULT: Hipstamatic Magic Challenge #15

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Are you a Hipstamatic Wiz?

Wow, Hipstamatic can do that? This is a great place for discovery and to try new things and see what can be done and surprises that result. We love to see your attempts, whatever they might be. Ask a question and there’s always useful tips from the seasoned Hipstas that can take your images to the next level.

The Main Rule is simple:

1) The only apps that may be used in this Challenge are either an ordinary phone camera (i.e. with no effects) and Hipstamatic depending on what the winner decides.

The actual Hipstamatic Challenge will be decided by the winner...

The winner chooses 2 Hipstamatic Paks for the week. They can then decide on any restrictions but this is optional.

Last entries before midnight UK time on Saturday 8th June 2019. Judging will take place on Sunday 9th June 2019 or soon thereafter.

Please also see the general Mobitog Rules HERE

WINNER: RoseCat Catherine

CHALLENGE:
Budapest - Murray lens & Tilda film

Zurich - Andre lens & BlacKeys 1942 film

Mix and match the 4 lenses & films however you’d like. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Flipped through my paks to see what I have... I’m hoping if I have a pak, most of you will too since I rarely buy them.

Let’s go with:

Budapest - Murray lens & Tilda film
Zurich - Andre lens & BlacKeys 1942 film

Mix and match the 4 lenses & films however you’d like. :D

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Geez, two weeks and not even a full page! Is it worth even judging? :confused::zip:
Closing this. Not going to create the next one. Not enough interest.
I’d forgotten about this challenge. :confused: What I’ve found is that you can’t leave a challenge running without reminding everyone that it’s there, especially one that’s not the B&W or MCC. The “fringe” challenges tend to get forgotten. Even the B&W Challenge is struggling for entries at the moment. I put that down to it being the summer - at least, I hope that’s it. I’d still like to know if RoseCat Catherine found any of the posts useful. I’ve discovered that the black and white combo is one that i don’t think I’ll ever use - too washed out for me too, but I like the other. I’ve discovered lots of new combos that I’ll definitely use going forward, so I’ve benefited.:thumbs:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Geez, two weeks and not even a full page! Is it worth even judging? :confused::zip:
Closing this. Not going to create the next one. Not enough interest.
I’d forgotten about this challenge. :confused: What I’ve found is that you can’t leave a challenge running without reminding everyone that it’s there, especially one that’s not the B&W or MCC. The “fringe” challenges tend to get forgotten. Even the B&W Challenge is struggling for entries at the moment. I put that down to it being the summer - at least, I hope that’s it. I’d still like to know if RoseCat Catherine found any of the posts useful. I’ve discovered that the black and white combo is one that i don’t think I’ll ever use - too washed out for me too, but I like the other. I’ve discovered lots of new combos that I’ll definitely use going forward, so I’ve benefited.:thumbs:
Egads!! I forgot too!! :eek: I’m the judge and I even forgot.... :oops: I agree with Jilly that reminders are always helpful... This happens in EOS too; sometimes it’s moving along fast and steady, and then other times it plods along like Jilly’s sweet donkey. :lol: And I’ve also found Summertime to be slower here at MobiTog.

I thought these Hipsta challenges were really helpful as they reminded me of films/lenses I either forgot about or had never used, and the challenges got me jazzed up to use Hipsta again. I would hate to just stop doing them forever just because it’s a bit slow at the mo...

Couldn’t we extend the time for this challenge? Maybe keep it going another couple weeks?

sinnerjohn

Smooth Bug Catcher
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
I think the problem is (a) its a challenge that most android users are locked out of and (b) its too similar to the Colour or B/W challenge in a way, i.e there's nothing to stop you putting your Hipsta's in those challenges.

For me initially it was a good idea but jump on me if I'm wrong, the general interest in MobiTog has waned in the past few months. Its only the same dozen people that stop the tumbleweeds getting too thick.
RoseCat argues that it wouldn't be the same with dozens of people on the site, but the absence of only one or two regulars hits hard.

I've not got answers and hell I love this site, I'll be here till the bitter end, but if we don't think hard here the site will just be a playground for half a dozen people, fine if that's what's intended, but I'm not sure it is?

I was thinking of having a roll call of regulars that actually post images, just a head count maybe?

sinnerjohn

Smooth Bug Catcher
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
I don’t think anyone should be stopped from doing that... nothing wrong with “cross posting” in my opinion.
Of course not, but my point was about the general lack of images. Lets not bury our heads in the sand over this.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I've not got answers and hell I love this site, I'll be here till the bitter end, but if we don't think hard here the site will just be a playground for half a dozen people, fine if that's what's intended, but I'm not sure it is?
I’ve been a regular here since 2010, and have found it always to be this way. There will be a few hardcore players, with “others” rotating in/out. If you look at posts from those early years, the hardcore players (save for a couple still here :whistle:) are totally different than our current family. Sadly, people tend to play hard, then leave and never come back. :( Summertime has always been extra slow, too.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Of course not, but my point was about the general lack of images. Lets not bury our heads in the sand over this.
I’m more quality over quantity, I guess. Doesn’t really matter to me how many images are posted. I also love discussions... doesn’t *always* have to be lots of photos, all the time. But that’s a personal thing for me... I get overloaded with too much visual stimulation.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I was thinking of having a roll call of regulars that actually post images, just a head count maybe?
Just curious what we will gain/learn from that? Give it a few months and it will change... look back at last year at this time and it’s probably different.