• > UPDATE Thread < Thanks to all who've DONATED to help with MobiTog's costs, please consider a small regular monthly sum, now possible under the new Donate tab! (NB - If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and help with expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has a few minor updates/improvements to complete... :)

Hipsta RESULT: Hipstamatic Magic Challenge #9

lkbside

MobiLurver
Real Name
Leslie
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
“One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all”

It turns out sometimes those sliders don’t do anything at all.

Play around with the editing sliders with a photo using the Dreamy film and not much, if anything, changes. And with only a few exceptions (Fynn, Pablo) changing the lens rarely results in a discernible difference.

How do they do that?

Same shot with Foxy, Dreamy

3B5F6A64-126F-4D38-937A-85BC4C706241.jpeg

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
“One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all”

It turns out sometimes those sliders don’t do anything at all.

Play around with the editing sliders with a photo using the Dreamy film and not much, if anything, changes. And with only a few exceptions (Fynn, Pablo) changing the lens rarely results in a discernible difference.

How do they do that?

Same shot with Foxy, Dreamy

View attachment 122591
I found exactly that and thought it was just me.:lol:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Is it a bug or is it a feature?

Aristotle is not just a black and white film. Here’s a link to an article Eric Rozen wrote about “Aristotle’s magic wand.” Adjust the vibrancy slider and you will find surprising results. The effect varies depending on the lens you use. Using a flash may negate the effect.

https://hipstography.com/en/news-en/aristote-magic-wand.html

Hipstamatic briefly corrected the “bug”, but the outcry from users convinced them that it was indeed a “feature” and in a subsequent update they brought it back.

Mumtaz-Aristotle

View attachment 122588

Vibrancy slid right

View attachment 122589

Vibrancy slid left

View attachment 122590
WOW!! That is cool.

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Is it a bug or is it a feature?

Aristotle is not just a black and white film. Here’s a link to an article Eric Rozen wrote about “Aristotle’s magic wand.” Adjust the vibrancy slider and you will find surprising results. The effect varies depending on the lens you use. Using a flash may negate the effect.

https://hipstography.com/en/news-en/aristote-magic-wand.html

Hipstamatic briefly corrected the “bug”, but the outcry from users convinced them that it was indeed a “feature” and in a subsequent update they brought it back.

Mumtaz-Aristotle

View attachment 122588

Vibrancy slid right

View attachment 122589

Vibrancy slid left

View attachment 122590
Wow, great tip thanks!

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Hi Folks, hmm, not too much activity this week. I wonder if we should reduce this to one a month? So many other challenges on it’s difficult to put something on all of them. Whadda think?

Last edited:

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Although there may not be that many entries, I love this challenge because it’s educational. I always learn something new. What I learned this week is that kitchen utensils can look marvellous if you combine them with a picture of a glossy-lipped Marilyn Monroe!:lol:
E1DD5592-44DB-43AE-BCEC-AD9C073A52F5.jpeg

Talk about chalk and cheese! But the Hipsta combo just elevates the image imo. So, lkbside Leslie is my winner this week. I”m looking forward to her choices.:thumbs:

Last edited:

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
Although there may not be that many entries, I love this challenge because it’s educational. I always learn something new. What I learned this week is that kitchen utensils can look marvellous if you combine them with a picture of a glossy-lipped Marilyn Monroe!:lol:
.:thumbs:
That really is a wonderful advertisement for that combo (as all your images are for all your combos lkbside ! :) )

lkbside

MobiLurver
Real Name
Leslie
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
View attachment 122698
Talk about chalk and cheese! But the Hipsta combo just elevates the image imo. So, lkbside Leslie is my winner this week. I”m looking forward to her choices.:thumbs:
Thanks! I was surprised by this one! I’ll come up with something soon. Glad to see mobitog is back

sinnerjohn

Smooth Bug Catcher
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Hi Folks, hmm, not too much activity this week. I wonder if we should reduce this to one a month? So many other challenges on it’s difficult to put something on all of them. Whadda think?
I like the weekly thing personally, when things get spread over two weeks I think they may get tired. Or maybe I just like life in the fast lane :D
If you look at these challenges its usually the same people anyway (I think). It becomes hard when you have't got a particular lens/film combo as well.
Maybe the way to go is to switch it every few weeks to 'do this, using Hipsta? Or some variation? Problem is it could just become another BWC or MCC only using Hipsta.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Oh, I’m loving this challenge... one a month feels like not enough considering how many thousands :whistle: of films and lenses there are?

richardgrant

MobiStarlet
Real Name
Richard Grant
Please keep this going — it motivated me to fire up Hipstamatic for the first time in ... who knows. It's been a while.

Didn't Foxy initially appear as an offering for the Disposable app? I loved that thing, when it worked. I also seem to remember wincing at the "Let's roll, bro" marketing campaign.

This is Foxy + Dreamy in the back yard, and I wish I had more color to throw at them.

Attachments

lkbside

MobiLurver
Real Name
Leslie
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
Of course I love the Hipsta interest. I would like to keep it going. Maybe just one combo/theme every week would stimulate more participation?

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Ok, good. Just checking out the feeling and clearly it’s still hip so lkbside the next one is up and we would be most grateful if you could choose two combos.

I think we should stick to 2. I, for one, haven’t had both for the last 3 weeks which has been a surprise because I thought I had most but clearly not and I am sure others also haven’t had both.

sinnerjohn

Smooth Bug Catcher
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Ok, good. Just checking out the feeling and clearly it’s still hip so lkbside the next one is up and we would be most grateful if you could choose two combos.

I think we should stick to 2. I, for one, haven’t had both for the last 3 weeks which has been a surprise because I thought I had most but clearly not and I am sure others also haven’t had both.
Exactly, if there is a choice of two you are probably going to have at least one of them.

lkbside

MobiLurver
Real Name
Leslie
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
How about a bit of variation this week.

Grain or no-grain?

Pair BlacKeys Supergrain or BlacKeysXF with the lens and/or flash of your choice.

Feel free to experiment with the grain/texture sliders using either one.