MobiColour RESULT: MC #106 Theme: Try Something New - Feb 5-11, 2018

Intentional blur #4a (Slow Shutter Cam, iColorama)
No, really, it started with a motion blur shot!

BCD45B1B-BED8-4A89-89FA-6BEAD55119E0.jpeg

Intentional blur #4b (same as above except Ray2/Solid instead of Ray2/Zigzag)

7517DFB1-5FC6-4D1A-BB4B-8D687324E389.jpeg

And the original image, straight out of Slow Shutter Cam

827EEC80-BAB8-4FE7-86FE-F6DDA239EDFE.jpeg

Obviously I claim no credit here other than recognizing when iColorama produced something cool. :lmao:

This week's theme is: Try Something New.

So try an app you've never used before, a new process, a subject you've never photographed, models, lighting, props, stands, optics, anything you like. Try and push your self outside your comfort zone and see what inspires you and pushes your creative buttons.

Winners will be anyone that produces a fab pic, naturally, but it's also about the journey so anyone who surprises them self with what they produce will also be considered.
View attachment 105677
This fell of it's stalk when arranging some flowers I got for 'er indoors. I stuck it on a white piece of paper and put it under bright light. I'd never done that before and never sucessfully replicated it since.
Food, portrait, high contrast, action, sport, moving subjects, moving whilst taking pics, birds/elephants/cats/worms eye view, back lighting, surfaces, textures. Eerrr and then you could try an app you've never tried or a process you don't use on an app you do.

You could try to copy someone else's style. I had a spell many months ago at trying to emulate your low contrast stuff and the flower I posted above was inspired by lisamjw's Instagram output.
This is a fabulous image!!!
You rock. Thanks for the ideas!

Isn’t @lisamjw’s IG fabulous? I think you did a damn fine job with your flower. :thumbs:
Aw, thank you :inlove: and, yes, I think he did a very fine job!

View attachment 105737

View attachment 105738

View attachment 105739

Obviously I claim no credit here other than recognizing when iColorama produced something cool. :lmao:
Wow!! So cool! Love the second one. The original is cool too!

Love this. I've read that the Android MuseMage app is not a patch on the ios one, which unfortunately is a common complaint :rolleyes:
Thanks! It's a fun app... I like that you can see the filter live before you even snap the photo. Not sure what the android patch stuff is but glad it's not a nuisance on this app.

Thanks! It's a fun app... I like that you can see the filter live before you even snap the photo. Not sure what the android patch stuff is but glad it's not a nuisance on this app.
It is fun with all those live options. And I think it has one of the best neon filters for those times when you just have to have it. It used to be that you could also edit photos from your Camera Roll, but they removed that :( for some reason. I wish they'd return it.

("not a patch on" is Brit for "not even close to as good as" -- they talk funny)

It is fun with all those live options. And I think it has one of the best neon filters for those times when you just have to have it. It used to be that you could also edit photos from your Camera Roll, but they removed that :( for some reason. I wish they'd return it.

("not a patch on" is Brit for "not even close to as good as" -- they talk funny)
If Brits talk funny, try understanding Aussies :D

HAHA!! I thought it was some kind of tech talk about patches on apps or something. :lmao:

Ooh, I can see that the light box is going to be useful. Love this.:thumbs:
Thanks, Jilly. And the best is that there is no flicker on this lightbox which is evident on my old one through the iphone lens! This means I can use it to convert negatives. Actually it’s fab lightbox. Yes, many uses.
Just love this... the texture is delicious.
Thanks, Catherine

I wasn't looking for ideas and tip when I proposed this theme but these are great and have got me thinking.

And I'll try and construct a lightbox on the fly. Nice idea and I love the pic.
Thanks, Rizole. Here’s a pic of my old lightbox (background) which gave up the ghost in HK and then the new one which is so slim and so much better!

D83BF28A-D705-41F9-99CA-16A783A91416.jpeg

View attachment 105737

View attachment 105738

View attachment 105739

Wow, I love that first image and can’t believe it came from the slow shutter image!

Back
Top Bottom