MobiColour RESULT: MC #106 Theme: Try Something New - Feb 5-11, 2018

Perhaps it's in here? HTH

"Because of the Anagrams dispute it has been decided to devote the rest of this space to a page specially written for people who like figures of speech, for the not a few fans of litotes, and those with no small interest in meiosis, for the infinite millions of hyperbole-lovers, for those fond of hypallage, and the epithet's golden transfer, for those who fall willingly into the arms of the metaphor, those who give up the ghost, bury their heads in the sand and ride roughshod over the mixed metaphor, and even those of hyperbaton the friends. It will be too, for those who reprehend the malapropism; who love the wealth of metonymy; for all friends of rhetoric and syllepsis; and zeugmatists with smiling eyes and hearts. It will bring a large absence of unsatisfactory malevolence to periphrastic fans; a wig harm bello to spoonerists; and in no small measure a not less than splendid greeting to you circumlocutors. The World adores prosopopeiasts, and the friendly faces of synechdotists, and can one not make those amorous of anacoluthon understand that if they are not satisfied by this, what is to happen to them? It will attempt to really welcome all splitters of infinitives, all who are Romeo and Juliet to antonomasia, those who drink up similes like sparkling champagne, who lose nothing compared with comparison heads, self-evident axiomists, all pithy aphorists, apothegemists, maximiles, theorists, epigrammatists and even gnomists. And as for the lovers of aposiopesis -- ! It will wish bienvenu to all classical adherents of euphuism, all metathesistic birds, golden paranomasiasts covered in guilt, fallacious paralogists, trophists, anagogists, and anaphorists; to greet, welcome, embrace asyndeton buffs, while the lovers of ellipsis will be well-met and its followers embraced, as will be chronic worshippers of catachresis and supporters of anastrophe the world over."
http://mzonline.com/bin/view/Python/AnagramSketch/

EGADS

View attachment 105809
Different for me - To be honest I thought just downloading an app and taking a few pictures was a bit of a cop out, but its all I can manage at the mo. This was an app I found on Google Play called MirrorLab (android only) and it actually has a few nice effects for free and lets you save at a healthy 2048 x 2048.
Definitely a new app and look to me. Nice.

View attachment 105810
Murdoch - and this was MuseMage (android) as everyone was yakking about it. Again a few nice effects but it will only let you save at a paltry 1080 x 1440 at less than one megabyte, not sure if this is a keeper.
Agreed. I got 1440x1920 as a max and 173kb. It's still to low to do anything serious.

Perhaps it's in here? HTH

"Because of the Anagrams dispute it has been decided to devote the rest of this space to a page specially written for people who like figures of speech, for the not a few fans of litotes, and those with no small interest in meiosis, for the infinite millions of hyperbole-lovers, for those fond of hypallage, and the epithet's golden transfer, for those who fall willingly into the arms of the metaphor, those who give up the ghost, bury their heads in the sand and ride roughshod over the mixed metaphor, and even those of hyperbaton the friends. It will be too, for those who reprehend the malapropism; who love the wealth of metonymy; for all friends of rhetoric and syllepsis; and zeugmatists with smiling eyes and hearts. It will bring a large absence of unsatisfactory malevolence to periphrastic fans; a wig harm bello to spoonerists; and in no small measure a not less than splendid greeting to you circumlocutors. The World adores prosopopeiasts, and the friendly faces of synechdotists, and can one not make those amorous of anacoluthon understand that if they are not satisfied by this, what is to happen to them? It will attempt to really welcome all splitters of infinitives, all who are Romeo and Juliet to antonomasia, those who drink up similes like sparkling champagne, who lose nothing compared with comparison heads, self-evident axiomists, all pithy aphorists, apothegemists, maximiles, theorists, epigrammatists and even gnomists. And as for the lovers of aposiopesis -- ! It will wish bienvenu to all classical adherents of euphuism, all metathesistic birds, golden paranomasiasts covered in guilt, fallacious paralogists, trophists, anagogists, and anaphorists; to greet, welcome, embrace asyndeton buffs, while the lovers of ellipsis will be well-met and its followers embraced, as will be chronic worshippers of catachresis and supporters of anastrophe the world over."
http://mzonline.com/bin/view/Python/AnagramSketch/
:lmao::lmao: Who knows. It might be.:lmao:

9EE3B1D2-5DCA-4BF4-906A-D22F353C13C2.jpeg

Intentional blur #7: Bubble bokeh
iPhone 7, 2x add-on tele lens, Prime camera app with manual focus forced out of focus

I

View attachment 105776
I don’t think I’ve ever spent so long messing about with an image, so I think this fits the brief. It would be easier to say what apps I didn’t use. It was inspired by the link that terse Ted posted. Not entirely happy with it, but I wanted to post something in this challenge.:D By the way, the “I” isn’t a misprint.:lol:

Vandalism
View attachment 105782
iColorama (which I use quite a bit but did some new things.) I took a shot of my former self, B&W, hand tinted it a la Jerry Jobe tutorial, blended it with a texture I made in iC from another photo, etc.) Like Jilly said above, not totally happy with this iteration, but what the heck.

Wow @ Jilly and Wow @ David - inspiring :notworthy: :thumbs:

View attachment 105799

Intentional blur #6
Wading egret
Slow Shutter Cam, ACDSee Pro, iColorama

You’re owning this intentional blur thing. Beautiful.

Here's my experimentation for the week.
My son's got a a lot of neodymium magnets so I've tried stage two of my lightbox prototypes. Here's my set up:
View attachment 105896
And here's some pics:
View attachment 105892 View attachment 105893 View attachment 105894 View attachment 105895
The problem with this set up is it creates quite strong shadows. Stage 3 will be better.
Oooh, I’d like one of these in my new Black & White Challenge - can you guess which one.:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom