MobiColour RESULT: MC #106 Theme: Try Something New - Feb 5-11, 2018

Here's my experimentation for the week.
My son's got a a lot of neodymium magnets so I've tried stage two of my lightbox prototypes. Here's my set up:
View attachment 105896
And here's some pics:
View attachment 105892 View attachment 105893 View attachment 105894 View attachment 105895
The problem with this set up is it creates quite strong shadows. Stage 3 will be better.

I don't get it, the Lego-Daleks are adorable (WAAANT!!!!) exterminated – errrrmmm exposed. [emoji4]
Are the other pictures the the magnets? At first thought a Dalek closeup, but too many spheres for that, maybe inside?! Looks shiny and bright. [emoji106]

View attachment 105809
Different for me - To be honest I thought just downloading an app and taking a few pictures was a bit of a cop out, but its all I can manage at the mo. This was an app I found on Google Play called MirrorLab (android only) and it actually has a few nice effects for free and lets you save at a healthy 2048 x 2048.

Wooow! Comes including the "melted wax" thingies? It's so wooow! [emoji177]

I don't get it, the Lego-Daleks are adorable (WAAANT!!!!) exterminated – errrrmmm exposed. [emoji4]
Are the other pictures the the magnets? At first thought a Dalek closeup, but too many spheres for that, maybe inside?! Looks shiny and bright. [emoji106]
Yes, all magnets. About 5mm wide balls.

So I'm awarding first place to a loquacious terse. I'm impressed with his volume of output but also, I think he clearly demonstrates trying something new. There's a theme running through his work, linking the pictures together.
My favourite is:
Be careful, Little Red
Intentional blur #2
606a4dfe-6d8f-4beb-b455-f4d38fd26b39-jpeg.105713

It's the colour which does it for me (I'm using it as my desktop wallpaper as I type) but there are a few more of his I'd have happily picked. I particularly liked Intentional blur #4a.

Second place goes to deepop for Vandalism.
fullsizeoutput_54a7-jpeg.105782

Love it. I like the irreverence and attitude and it's just a very visually pleasing composition and well processed pic to me.

Third goes to ImageArt for Another of my lightbox images.
b72b1de1-caa6-4be7-9241-dc14138349a3-jpeg.105755

I like the clean, backlit look and the contrast of vibrant colours against a wash of pastel. Nice

HMs to
JillyG - loved the creativity. I is fab. I appreciate you're "not entirely happy" with it but I can see the effort you've put in. Well done.
MotownLarry with Watercolor. Lovely treatment of a good pic.
zenjenny who has apparently fallen asleep on the job. There's commitment we can all aspire to.
sinnerjohn for his abstract........ no, hang on...... Where was your abstract sinnerjohn?

Thanks for participating everyone. I've really enjoyed this week. If I get to set the theme again, I'll go for a no theme week to make up for it. :feet:

So I'm awarding first place to a loquacious terse. I'm impressed with his volume of output but also, I think he clearly demonstrates trying something new. There's a theme running through his work, linking the pictures together.
My favourite is:
Be careful, Little Red
Intentional blur #2

It's the colour which does it for me (I'm using it as my desktop wallpaper as I type) but there are a few more of his I'd have happily picked. I particularly liked Intentional blur #4a.

Love it. I like the irreverence and attitude and it's just a very visually pleasing composition and well processed pic to me.

I like the clean, backlit look and the contrast of vibrant colours against a wash of pastel. Nice

HMs to
JillyG - loved the creativity. I is fab. I appreciate you're "not entirely happy" with it but I can see the effort you've put in. Well done.
zenjenny who has apparently fallen asleep on the job. There's commitment we can all aspire to.
sinnerjohn for his abstract........ no, hang on...... Where was your abstract sinnerjohn?

Thanks for participating everyone. I've really enjoyed this week. If I get to set the theme again, I'll go for a no theme week to make up for it. :feet:
Thank you :notworthy::D that was my fav, too, for the same reason. I enjoyed the week and ended up with much more respect for people who do blur images with camera motion -- it's not easy! I spent a large part of the week just deleting hopeless failures.

And I can't remember ever being called loquacious before. :thumbs: (Just in case anyone's ever wondered: My screen name terse is just a play on my initials -- TRS -- with a little twist from the terse mode/verbose mode of the old command line computing days.)

It’s been about 3 hours now, and I’m afraid our Jen may have fallen asleep.... :sleep: :( I will need to call “time” and let’s see what rizole chooses this week...he’s got his work cut out for him!

(If you’re still up and frantically apping, hurry zenjenny and pop your creation in here!!)
Nope you’re right, I fell asleep :) :oops: :inlove:

Thank you :notworthy::D that was my fav, too, for the same reason. I enjoyed the week and ended up with much more respect for people who do blur images with camera motion -- it's not easy! I spent a large part of the week just deleting hopeless failures.

Congrats, Ted: ‘What rizole said’ about your ‘new’. And thanks for the demo of from zero to competition-worthy images in less than a week - Truly inspiring. And really nice images, to boot :)
Now I’m going back to sleep and look at the rest later :notworthy: :inlove: :thumbs:

Fab choices rizole! I absolutely love terse Ted’s winning image... Super Congrats Ted!!! :inlove::notworthy:

High fives to David and Ann.... fantastic work guys! And a loud cheer for HMs Jilly and Larry!

Indeed. :lol:

Yes......I’m still waiting. :sneaky:

No worries. I'll do it for you. :D
Do you really want to do that to your next week judging self?? :eek: :notworthy: :coffee:

My screen name terse is just a play on my initials -- TRS -- with a little twist from the terse mode/verbose mode of the old command line computing days.
Clever!

Funny how most of us did the same thing we usually do but with different apps. Nothing that new photographically speaking.
Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm missing the point :D

Me too. Couldn't think of something I haven't yet tried besides new apps an when I opened some laying around I found I've worked with it already, it wouldn't save or not even open. Sorry for this round, I couldn't make it. [emoji17]

My favourite is:
Be careful, Little Red
Intentional blur #2

HMs to

Well done, terse!

Thanks for my 3rd place, Rizole. Congrats David and to all the HMs.

My favourite is:
Be careful, Little Red
Intentional blur #2

HMs to

Belated thanks for the second place. It took me a while to regain my focus after viewing Ted's stunning Blur series. Congrats to Ann and all the HMs. I had fun with this one.

Back
Top Bottom