MobiColour RESULT: MC #107 No Theme - Feb 12-18

It was a near thing (isn't it always?), but I'm awarding first to zenjenny for "The long Goodbye," a riot of beautiful colors and swirling forms (it's Jen we're talking about, right?) that draw the eye to the magic cityscape deep in the image.

0f1b78fd-2e89-49dd-9915-19405c3c4d31-jpeg.106055

So second goes to rizole for "Rust," with color and texture so intense that I didn't notice the ghostly leaves for some time. (And I love the turquoise and rust combination.) An eyecatching asymmetric close-up with just a little ghosting on the left side.

20180216_145754-01-jpeg.106100

And third goes to sinnerjohn for "Futurama," which doesn't have the intense colors of the first two but instead captures graceful forms that also show the mass of the building. I especially like the way all those curves are arranged within the rectangular frame.

brum2-jpg.106072

Applause for the winners and good work from everyone this week.

It was a near thing (isn't it always?), but I'm awarding first to zenjenny for "The long Goodbye," a riot of beautiful colors and swirling forms (it's Jen we're talking about, right?) that draw the eye to the magic cityscape deep in the image.

So second goes to rizole for "Rust," with color and texture so intense that I didn't notice the ghostly leaves for some time. (And I love the turquoise and rust combination.) An eyecatching asymmetric close-up with just a little ghosting on the left side.

And third goes to sinnerjohn for "Futurama," which doesn't have the intense colors of the first two but instead captures graceful forms that also show the mass of the building. I especially like the way all those curves are arranged within the rectangular frame.

brum2-jpg.106072

Thanks Ted, I'm honoured to get a third this week as overall there were some VERY good colour images this week.
Well done Jen and rizole :thumbs::notworthy:

I don’t understand the GMT thing either... but I know the time difference between Ted and me and you and me, so after counting on my fingers, it’s 6:00pm your time (18:00).
Right. I'm GMT-8, you're GMT-5, and Jilly's GMT. Because Greenwich. So my time is 8 hours earlier than Jilly's (which explains why she seems to go to bed so early and I get up so late).

Right. I'm GMT-8, you're GMT-5, and Jilly's GMT. Because Greenwich. So my time is 8 hours earlier than Jilly's (which explains why she seems to go to bed so early and I get up so late).
Ahhh, that explains it. I was wondering why I seem to go to bed so early and get up so late.:lol:

So second goes to rizole for "Rust," with color and texture so intense that I didn't notice the ghostly leaves for some time. (And I love the turquoise and rust combination.) An eyecatching asymmetric close-up with just a little ghosting on the left s

brum2-jpg.106072

Lovely judging Ted. I’m glad I didn’t have to do it. Super congrats to zenjenny Jen - so much to look at in that colourful collage. Well done to rizole Rizole and sinnerjohn John for two great images.:thumbs:

So Jilly is basically the Ground Zero of Time.
Right. I think UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) is now preferred over GMT (Greenwich Mean Time), but Jilly is at zero no matter which acronym you use.

The Australians are way ahead of us: zenjenny is GMT+8 (so 16 hours ahead of me) and younger would be GMT+10, I think, so they're having breakfast tomorrow before you or I have dinner today.

Oh wow *happy dance* thank you, Ted! I appreciate your words :inlove: :notworthy: :)

Funny, I made my two images over a rough week, when I was pushing myself to ‘do some art’ to keep my priorities straight (and to remind myself that even if much of the world looks grey and rigid I can create ‘riotous colours and swirling forms’.

Congrats rizole, I think I’ll be seeing that turquoise in my dreams for a while: and congrats sinnerjohn, ‘What Ted said’ about those strong curves beautifully ‘held’ in the rectangular frame.

*happy dance*

MC #108 Theme: 1.Collage (define however you like) 2. A line from a favourite poem, song or saying.

Right. I think UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) is now preferred over GMT (Greenwich Mean Time), but Jilly is at zero no matter which acronym you use.

The Australians are way ahead of us: zenjenny is GMT+8 (so 16 hours ahead of me) and younger would be GMT+10, I think, so they're having breakfast tomorrow before you or I have dinner today.
It's weird how the mind works.... I know several different time zones by heart (because I've visited the places) but I never got "GMT" (what's greenwich?? why is it mean?? ;) ) but somehow the way you phrased it, and knowing Jilly is "zero", it totally clicked in my head. Weird, man. :alien: :coffee:

It's weird how the mind works.... I know several different time zones by heart (because I've visited the places) but I never got "GMT" (what's greenwich?? why is it mean?? ;) ) but somehow the way you phrased it, and knowing Jilly is "zero", it totally clicked in my head. Weird, man. :alien: :coffee:

Remember our MobiMeet in London? I tried to convince you all taking our time stamp shot in Greenwich on the zero meridian? And I did it later alone with posting about the Cutty Sark and the observatory. But I'm not sure it was time Stamp. Think it was MC "boat" theme. [emoji1]

brum2-jpg.106072

Aww, so wanted to participate and missed it. Nevertheless it's awesome pictures here. Well done everyone and huge congrats to zenjenny and big ones to rizole and sinnerjohn.
And hip hip to terse for judging.

Remember our MobiMeet in London? I tried to convince you all taking our time stamp shot in Greenwich on the zero meridian? And I did it later alone with posting about the Cutty Sark and the observatory. But I'm not sure it was time Stamp. Think it was MC "boat" theme. [emoji1]
Yes! I forgot about that!!!

Yes, we are the future :lol:

"GMT" (what's greenwich?? why is it mean?? ;) ) but somehow the way you phrased it, and knowing Jilly is "zero", it totally clicked in my head. Weird, man. :alien: :coffee:

*cough*

My many years of intensive training in The Normal !¥§|$@%! Distribution Curve qualify me to take this question

*cough*

‘Greenwich’ is a PLACE, Cat. A town, like New York, only different.

‘Mean’ is like AVERAGE. Like Ground Zero /Baseline / You Have To Start Somewhere [with an arbitrary construct like Time]

You’re welcome. And that’ll be 420$ please :mobibabe:

Back
Top Bottom