MobiColour RESULT: MC #107 No Theme - Feb 12-18

Remember our MobiMeet in London? I tried to convince you all taking our time stamp shot in Greenwich on the zero meridian? And I did it later alone with posting about the Cutty Sark and the observatory. But I'm not sure it was time Stamp. Think it was MC "boat" theme. [emoji1]

*cough*

My many years of intensive training in The Normal !¥§|$@%! Distribution Curve qualify me to take this question

*cough*

‘Greenwich’ is a PLACE, Cat. A town, like New York, only different.

‘Mean’ is like AVERAGE. Like Ground Zero /Baseline / You Have To Start Somewhere [with an arbitrary construct like Time]

You’re welcome. And that’ll be 420$ please :mobibabe:

So time spent in Greenwich is just average? Better than Philadelphia but not as good as, say, New Orleans? :coffee:
It’s only been around since 1851 I see... and I found this disturbing fact for us OCD-types: “GPS receivers show that the marking strip for the prime meridian at Greenwich is not exactly at zero degrees, zero minutes, and zero seconds but at approximately 5.3 seconds of arc to the west of the meridian (meaning that the meridian appears to be 102 metres east of this line).”

:eek:
:barf:

NOW what??? o_O

*cough*

My many years of intensive training in The Normal !¥§|$@%! Distribution Curve qualify me to take this question

‘Mean’ is like AVERAGE. Like Ground Zero /Baseline / You Have To Start Somewhere [with an arbitrary construct like Time]

You’re welcome. And that’ll be 420$ please :mobibabe:
So time spent in Greenwich is just average? Better than Philadelphia but not as good as, say, New Orleans? :coffee:
No, I don't think so. If I understand zenjenny right time falls under a normal distribution curve. This means that there's just tons of it at Greenwich but it's all attenuated at either end. It's more fun in New Orleans because there's less time so you naturally make the most of it. Greenwich is stultifyingly average because there's too much time and nothing to differentiate one fat hour from another.
Not sure about Philadelphia. Probably an outlier. Maths innit!

It was a near thing (isn't it always?), but I'm awarding first to zenjenny for "The long Goodbye," a riot of beautiful colors and swirling forms (it's Jen we're talking about, right?) that draw the eye to the magic cityscape deep in the image.

0f1b78fd-2e89-49dd-9915-19405c3c4d31-jpeg.106055

So second goes to rizole for "Rust," with color and texture so intense that I didn't notice the ghostly leaves for some time. (And I love the turquoise and rust combination.) An eyecatching asymmetric close-up with just a little ghosting on the left side.

20180216_145754-01-jpeg.106100

And third goes to sinnerjohn for "Futurama," which doesn't have the intense colors of the first two but instead captures graceful forms that also show the mass of the building. I especially like the way all those curves are arranged within the rectangular frame.

brum2-jpg.106072

Applause for the winners and good work from everyone this week.
Congrats zenjenny. Lovely piece. Congrats sinnerjohn and thank you for my second place.

No, I don't think so. If I understand zenjenny right time falls under a normal distribution curve. This means that there's just tons of it at Greenwich but it's all attenuated at either end. It's more fun in New Orleans because there's less time so you naturally make the most of it. Greenwich is stultifyingly average because there's too much time and nothing to differentiate one fat hour from another.
:notworthy:

I see, and Philadelphia's at the other end of the curve from New Orleans so you'd spend as little time there as possible.

Finally. Thank you, rizole :mobibabe:

Back
Top Bottom