MobiColour RESULT: MC #110 No Theme - March 5-11, 2018

E7283BBE-20FD-4BED-B11B-087410EC7B85.jpeg

I thought these were so oddly pruned...but they were very appealing to me.

Brugge, Belgium
Snapseed

There may not be a lot of photos this week, but I think the judging may still be challenging- so many beautiful images! terse Ted, feel free to dig into the wrap up whenever you’re ready. :thumbs:

(I’m on a walk and popped in here to close the thread... see you all later! :) )

And here we go:

Honorable Mentions to sinnerjohn's monster skull, lkbside's blue shoes, Starzee's pilloried cows, and MotownLarry's general store.

Third goes to sinnerjohn for "Roof," specifically the first of the three images which I think best shows the beautiful intricacy of the metalwork and the orange-y warmth of the lights and the rust.

20180217131703_picture-jpg.106826

For second and first, I spent an hour trying to decide between JillyG's "Feed the birds" and rizole's "View from the Shakespeare Memorial Room," two photos that are complete opposites, until I finally gave up and decided to award them a joint first. To take care of the practical matters, a coin flip decided that rizole will be the judge and set the theme for the coming week.

JillyG's photo of the Nepalese couple has a warm and relaxed feel, unlike the usual "street shot," and even though neither person is looking at the camera, you know they're aware of it and aren't bothered. And there's so much to look at: the slightly exotic dress, the pigeons perched on arms and flapping their wings, the happy greedy birds crowding the ground. Great photo. (You have entered it in the IPPAwards, right? RIGHT??)

342d81c1-5501-4b6d-9769-a300149601f0-jpeg.106877

rizole's vista of Birmingham is totally different, all buildings and clouds and angles and expansive space. It's sharp all through, as it needs to be to give you the feel of the city. I don't think you can really appreciate it without viewing it on a big desktop monitor. I opened it up to the full width of my 23" 16:9 Samsung monitor, and it's simply spectacular, just like some of the images from the recent MPA awards that we marveled over. (And you've got to enter this one in the next MPA, you hear?)

20180307_144807-01-jpeg.106865

Wonderful images all. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Back
Top Bottom