MobiColour RESULT: MC #114 Theme: Tchotchkes - April 2-8, 2018

This is a little tricket I found in HK. I just couldn’t resist it and didn’t think I would wear it but I wear it a lot and often get comments from the younger generation who think it’s cool ;). The camera lens is a diamanté.

9DDFD127-19F5-4B72-9998-B1EFFAE21EF1.jpeg

This is a little tricket I found in HK. I just couldn’t resist it and didn’t think I would wear it but I wear it a lot and often get comments from the younger generation who think it’s cool ;). The camera lens is a diamanté.

View attachment 107899

When you said HK, I'd bet it would even take digital pictures. Those rubbish ones in 96px square. [emoji1]

Remember when Inukshuks were unusual and exotic?
40CA8D82-0198-43E0-A24A-BDBB59C1A884.jpeg

I mean, they were built of free-standing stone and weighed several hundred pounds. Not to mention the were in the far north tundra.
Now they are found as souvenir items, keychains, etc.

Last edited:
View attachment 107901
I mean, they were built of free-standing stone and weighed several hundred pounds. Not to mention the were in the far north tundra.

Something else I’d never heard of. Beautiful. I like the jade carvings, too.

View attachment 107901
I don’t know about Inukshuks... this is beautiful.

I don’t know about Inukshuks... this is beautiful.
Here is a reference I copied from wiki.

inukshuk - is a human-made stone landmark or cairn used by the Inuit, Iñupiat, Kalaallit, Yupik, and other peoples of the Arctic region of North America. These structures are found from Alaska , United States to Greenland. This region, above the Arctic Circle, is dominated by the tundra biome and has areas with few natural landmarks.
The inuksuk may have been used for navigation, as a point of reference, a marker for travel routes, fishing places, camps, hunting grounds, places of veneration, drift fences used in hunting or to mark a food cache.
Varying in shape and size, the inuksuit have ancient roots in Inuit culture.

Back to me now. According to some photos I have seen some inukshuks were too large for one or two people to build alone, just by the height of the structure and weight of the stones. Sometimes they needed to be seen from quite a distance as a marker.
It isn’t uncommon around here to see a small inukshuk built in someone’s yard. Often not following traditional form very well. They have become a symbol of the far north, almost like an icon, stuck on everything relating to the north. Trinkets, souvenirs, etc.

Here is a reference I copied from wiki.

inukshuk - is a human-made stone landmark or cairn used by the Inuit, Iñupiat, Kalaallit, Yupik, and other peoples of the Arctic region of North America. These structures are found from Alaska , United States to Greenland. This region, above the Arctic Circle, is dominated by the tundra biome and has areas with few natural landmarks.
The inuksuk may have been used for navigation, as a point of reference, a marker for travel routes, fishing places, camps, hunting grounds, places of veneration, drift fences used in hunting or to mark a food cache.
Varying in shape and size, the inuksuit have ancient roots in Inuit culture.

Back to me now. According to some photos I have seen some inukshuks were too large for one or two people to build alone, just by the height of the structure and weight of the stones. Sometimes they needed to be seen from quite a distance as a marker.
It isn’t uncommon around here to see a small inukshuk built in someone’s yard. Often not following traditional form very well. They have become a symbol of the far north, almost like an icon, stuck on everything relating to the north. Trinkets, souvenirs, etc.
Fascinating... I’ll have to ask my brother if he’s ever seen one - he lives in Alaska.

Fascinating... I’ll have to ask my brother if he’s ever seen one - he lives in Alaska.

What? You have a brother in Alaska and he’s not in Time Stamp? Maybe he knows someone there who would like to participate from the Alaska time zone.

That’s a great idea! Must be some mobile photography enthusiasts there - it would be wonderful to have an image of 2pm [somewhere in] Alaska .

What? You have a brother in Alaska and he’s not in Time Stamp? Maybe he knows someone there who would like to participate from the Alaska time zone.
That’s a great idea! Must be some mobile photography enthusiasts there - it would be wonderful to have an image of 2pm [somewhere in] Alaska .
That’s a great idea...in theory. Tony isn’t much of an online guy... the reason I originally created a Facebook account was to keep in touch with him and my nephew... :rolleyes: But he is hardly ever online, and Facebook quickly turned into photography-based for me. He’s very outdoorsy, and a musician (check out the band Hope Social Club - they’re on YouTube! He’s the bass player :inlove: ) and I can pretty much guarantee he won’t be hanging around here. I can see if any of his friends might want to join, but they’re of similar ilk... a small, kind of hippy, earthy close knit community. Much as I’d love to have Alaska part of TS, I’m betting they’d be jamming around a fire pit before they’d be hanging out at our cafe. I must admit, I kind of envy his life. :inlove:

This is the stuff they do in their spare time...
Tram Jam :D
https://www.facebook.com/eric.graves.585/posts/10156063807944456

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom