MobiColour RESULT: MC #118 Theme: Colour in Nature - April 30-May 6

20827251-C3FE-43BB-A228-F68C471DA920.jpeg

Foxglove
Zeiss macro lens, native cam app, Snapseed, ACDSee Pro

Er... damselfly? Possibly Familiar Bluet?

A blue “Damselfly” is pretty certain. Beyond that you might be able to get a more precise ID by using one of the online guides to dragonflies and damselflies if you are curious. There are quite a few different blue damselflies that all look about the same. It helps to use a guide for your own area. You soon find that the particular details to nail down the ID may not be visible in your photo.

A blue “Damselfly” is pretty certain. Beyond that you might be able to get a more precise ID by using one of the online guides to dragonflies and damselflies if you are curious. There are quite a few different blue damselflies that all look about the same. It helps to use a guide for your own area. You soon find that the particular details to nail down the ID may not be visible in your photo.

Ahem. I thought dragonfly on account of the wings held horizontal to the body as opposed to vertical in damselflies. Don’t tell me I wasted that hour on Google :mobibabe:

I usually find sunset/sunrise images a bit clichéd, but this is effing brilliant with those buildings in the background. I see it as a dystopian futuristic image with those buildings ruined and smoking from some cataclysmic occurrence :alien:
Thanks!
I actually feel the same way about sunrises/sunsets. Not that I don’t appreciate the sun coming and going every day, and certainly am always amazed by it all. But sometimes with the right clouds or the right back/foreground it’s definitely worth sharing :)

After googling a bit, I think they're Echium Candicans (AKA Pride of Madeira). They seem to be a favorite to plant along the seaside, and they grow around 6 ft. tall. (JillyG, one Google source says they grow in the UK, too.)
We have them here, too, though I haven’t seen them that tall. Absolute nirvana for bees - we had to move one from the community kids’ playground because the bees started taking up more space than the kids did.

Back
Top Bottom