MobiColour RESULT: MC #118 Theme: Colour in Nature - April 30-May 6

uvvisir (?sp)
That threw me also. I found an explanation on the web page of a company that does camera conversions.

"UV-VIS-IR (Ultraviolet-Visible-Infrared) cameras have their ICF/AA (IR Cut Filter/Anti-Aliasing) removed and replaced with a clear optical window with the same thickness as the original ICF in order to maintain the correct focal plane. The clear optical window is made of Schott WG280 glass which is clear from 280nm past 1200nm. For a color camera, the sensor microlenses and CFA (Color Filter Array) will pass light from 360nm to 1100nm. For a monochrome camera, sensitivity will be from about 300nm to 1100nm, but UV sensitivity will increase by a factor of 6x."

For more: https://www.maxmax.com/maincamerapage/uv-vis-ir

I find I’m quite intrigued by these naturally occurring colour combinations. They attract the particular pollinators for this type of flower and I wonder how it looks to those insects
Yes, but... Some garden flower colors have been created or manipulated by humans to be interesting to other humans. They may appear as complete chaos to insects, the fragmented ravings of a mad person. What they must think of us.

Poppin
A0F86C13-FC81-4D47-81B4-1C418B984B65.jpeg

Halide, Snapseed, vino

I posted a b/w version of this previously, but I don't think I ever posted the color version here. The rays of light stand out so clearly because the air was full of smoke from a forest fire 20 or 30 miles away.

View attachment 109053

Walk in the redwoods
Snapseed, ACDSee Pro, Mextures
It’s really stunning...

Yes, but... Some garden flower colors have been created or manipulated by humans to be interesting to other humans. They may appear as complete chaos to insects, the fragmented ravings of a mad person. What they must think of us.
I imagine if they still end up pollinated then they must still be giving out some of the right visual cues.

Wow, what a beautiful colour book of nature all over the world. Everything is said by others, what a pleasure to wander through.
I picked up the theme on Monday, did the following image in the back yard when I parked my car, went home and straight into bed, where I felt into a kinda coma that made me sleep through the complete 1st of May, as on Monday morning I've started to develop a flu that raised within me hour by hour and i was a wreck when I was home. All hurt, running nose … well, you all know what it's like, but this one was a tough one.
Wednesday I saw the doctor and got my certificate to stay home including Friday. What I did, and slowly I come back to life. Couldn't even visit my dad for his birthday yesterday. [emoji53] but the good thing is he celebrates tomorrow, so at least I will be there. [emoji4]
Now from the sickbed, still sneezing and coughing, but alive and kicking again two pictures from me:

Lilac

IMG_9959.JPG

6Pod native, no edits

Narnia

HipstamaticPhoto-547146014.221372.jpg

This is the palm full of biotope landscape I saved from last year's tomato pot, the "grass" is now maybe an inch high, those buds didn't open yet, though it looks like some white on the tips are lurking, but the tiny moss looks still like a big landscape. I added Aslan to it to turn it into Narnia (he is exactly 29 mm from the tip of his tail to the tip of his nose), and the round rock in front is a hydroculture clay marble of about 12 mm diameter, just to give you an idea how small all this is and how large it looks.

Taken today (May the 4th be with you!!!!) Hipstamatic, no edits [emoji4]

Wow, what a beautiful colour book of nature all over the world. Everything is said by others, what a pleasure to wander through.
I picked up the theme on Monday, did the following image in the back yard when I parked my car, went home and straight into bed, where I felt into a kinda coma that made me sleep through the complete 1st of May, as on Monday morning I've started to develop a flu that raised within me hour by hour and i was a wreck when I was home. All hurt, running nose … well, you all know what it's like, but this one was a tough one.
Wednesday I saw the doctor and got my certificate to stay home including Friday. What I did, and slowly I come back to life. Couldn't even visit my dad for his birthday yesterday. [emoji53] but the good thing is he celebrates tomorrow, so at least I will be there. [emoji4]
Now from the sickbed, still sneezing and coughing, but alive and kicking again two pictures from me:

Lilac

View attachment 109123

6Pod native, no edits

Narnia

View attachment 109124

This is the palm full of biotope landscape I saved from last year's tomato pot, the "grass" is now maybe an inch high, those buds didn't open yet, though it looks like some white on the tips are lurking, but the tiny moss looks still like a big landscape. I added Aslan to it to turn it into Narnia (he is exactly 29 mm from the tip of his tail to the tip of his nose), and the round rock in front is a hydroculture clay marble of about 12 mm diameter, just to give you an idea how small all this is and how large it looks.

Taken today (May the 4th be with you!!!!) Hipstamatic, no edits [emoji4]
Love this little world.:inlove:

Wow
Why are they all so close to each other? Never saw this before (aka city girl, sorry)
No, don’t apologise because we’d never seen it before either. When I got too close they scattered and then regrouped. I think they’ll disperse when they get a bit bigger, but at the moment they’re huddling together for protection.

Back
Top Bottom