MobiColour RESULT: MC #118 Theme: Colour in Nature - April 30-May 6

The Victory Lap: MC118 - Colour in Nature.

What an inspiring collection of images this week! Thanks for making my job more difficult. I appreciated every single image for its own merits. We had some fascinating close-ups and beautiful scenes with amazing lighting.

As you may have intuited from my hints where I introduced this week’s theme, I am especially interested in colour combinations in nature. More so than single colours.

But I’m sure you just want the results now and not some long winded discussion.

In Third Position: lkbside and her photo of the surrealistic Red Wash Canyon. Her vantage point was well chosen to make use of the progression of curved lines in the photo with the shapes moving like steps from lower left to upper right. The textures are equally dramatic. If you have ever used an app to make colour palettes from photos this would be a great one. I love all those striking mineral colours from the rocks and layers of the ground. I would love to spend some time at this location observing the change of colours throughout the day.
View attachment 109259

In Second Place: terse. California Poppies. I was especially fascinated by those red rings around the stems as seen below the seed new pods. The analogous colours orange and red are not one I would expect to see together on a flower. I had to go looking for other photos of California Poppies to see if those red rings were present under the flowers and not just later at the seed pod stage. Sure enough, there they are, so I expect they must be the sepals. We have completely orange flowers with that red ring hidden underneath, that persists after the petals have fallen away, presenting a very unusual looking seed pod. You have to wonder, OK maybe you don’t, but I do, what is the purpose of putting that red ring under the flower? Does it have some significance in blocking certain insects as they crawl up the flower stem?
View attachment 109260

Numero Uno: Younger. What a super Sunset! Very nicely composed to make use of the orange arc of clouds. Great use of the foreground reflection to extend the sunset colour right to the bottom edge of the photo. We have two colours of a triad but the third colour is absent. Did you ever see a colour clash in a sunset? The colour of the sky seems to shift to suit the sunset colours. The only thing that would make it better for me is replacing all evidence of human activity with a ridge line of trees.
View attachment 109261
Younger can head over to MC119 to tell us what the new theme will be. :)
:eek: Wow, thanks for that! Quite unexpected I must say! Will get my thoughts together and decide a new theme shortly. Thanks! Congrats to ikbside and terse too! I don’t know how to put peoples names in a way they can see here, like a link, any volunteers? :D

:eek: Wow, thanks for that! Quite unexpected I must say! Will get my thoughts together and decide a new theme shortly. Thanks! Congrats to ikbside and terse too! I don’t know how to put peoples names in a way they can see here, like a link, any volunteers? :D

Type an at sign - @ - and then the Mobi name straight after. As you start typing the Mobi name it should bring up a little box with the full name in it like this.

0C54568E-0B23-4EBD-A1D1-9641F07B0E7D.png

Type an at sign - @ - and then the Mobi name straight after. As you start typing the Mobi name it should bring up a little box with the full name in it like this.

View attachment 109269

Also see Mobi help files here

Back
Top Bottom