MobiColour RESULT: MC #119 Theme: Good Memories - May 7-13

Totally agree, I have to say I thought it a better project idea than a weekly challenge (no disrespect Juliana). Its just that Mobitog is all about smartphone photography i.e. up to date technology and that's difficult to do anything with, without resorting to capturing old 'film' photos, regarding memories and nostalgia. Or maybe that's just me :alien::D
Some great images though and I've enjoyed reading the text as well :thumbs:

The thing is that for some of us our memories go back to the film days while younger people never knew film at all.

The thing is that for some of us our memories go back to the film days while younger people never knew film at all.
Well this is what I meant, my memories are old family photos, wedding photos, holiday photos etc. Unfortunately none are mobile. I get the concept and it was a great idea :thumbs: Just not doable for me.

Totally agree, I have to say I thought it a better project idea than a weekly challenge (no disrespect Juliana). Its just that Mobitog is all about smartphone photography i.e. up to date technology and that's difficult to do anything with, without resorting to capturing old 'film' photos, regarding memories and nostalgia. Or maybe that's just me :alien::D
Some great images though and I've enjoyed reading the text as well :thumbs:
None taken! I had in mind daily/current things that remind us of something/someone/sometime else, but it turned out to be slightly different, which I also loved! I just didn’t have in mind that it would be SO HARD to judge, but I’ll get there :D

Alright!

So, my initial idea was to capture things/sceneries/scenes that are part of our current life that take us back to some point in time (even if only last week) when we had fun/shared a good laugh/made a new memory. But I have to say that I loved the short experience of having you share all those wonderful moments and I absolutely loved the stories that accompanied the photos. I totally agree with sinnerjohn that this could go on with a different label, if you guys are up for it. I’ll certainly be posting things there every now and then!

So now, for the horrifically difficult bit. Because it ended up so personal I feel terrible having to choose or rank the photos, so I just wanted to restate that I loved them all and was quite surprised with the posts, in a good way. And I decided that because I cannot make all winners, I’m choosing one winner and everyone that contributed will be a semi-winner :D but in saying that, rizole photos we’re amazing, especially that one of the long walk, but also of the cactus and of his kids (and the bee was something else!). FundyBrian and terse selfies were priceless! And RoseCat record, even though not from my time, also brought up memories of my own records (which you wouldn’t know about not even in a million years! Unless you were Brazilian. When I was old enough to appreciate grownup music it was all CDs already). I also really loved FundyBrian irises and terse ice plants, because they remind me of Newcastle (where the are everywhere), which is my new and finally permanent home.

So, after all that, I have to say that dscheff photos are not only colourful to the eyes, but also to the soul :) so he’s the one who’s going to be judging MC#120!!! Hopefully with a more mundane theme :lmao:

Sorry for the misunderstanding and thank you for the misunderstanding! Have a great week, everyone!

I loved your wrap up younger Juliana! I think it happens many times here that someone will come up with a theme, and then people take it in new and different directions. Part of the fun, creative process and you definitely don’t need to apologize because your wonderful theme led us in so many great directions!

Super congrats to dscheff Jeffrey! Well deserved win! :D And a hearty high five to all of us this week. :inlove:

Thanks younger Juliana! Wonderful theme - and I love John’s idea (and your agreement?) to make it into a project. If you’d like to set that up, send me a message and I’ll help (any of the staff would help but I’m closer to your time zone :)

Well this is what I meant, my memories are old family photos, wedding photos, holiday photos etc. Unfortunately none are mobile. I get the concept and it was a great idea :thumbs: Just not doable for me.

Yes. Some of my good memories are also of yesterday, last week, two years ago etc.

I’m certain we make different senses of the idea of ‘memories’ at different ages.

Somewhat related: I wonder if there are any studies linking ‘memorobilia’ and memory function. Eg John has lots of family photos, Jen has none: is Jen more vulnerable to dementia? More likely to lose general memory ? (Off to the archives :))

Yes. Some of my good memories are also of yesterday, last week, two years ago etc.

I’m certain we make different senses of the idea of ‘memories’ at different ages.

Somewhat related: I wonder if there are any studies linking ‘memorobilia’ and memory function. Eg John has lots of family photos, Jen has none: is Jen more vulnerable to dementia? More likely to lose general memory ? (Off to the archives :))
There's evidence that people who take no pictures remember greater detail of an event (eg visiting an art gallery) than people who do take pics. The argument is the photographers are at a distance to the event and dont process it as deeply.
I'd be interested to see if there's a difference between the general public and photographers.

There's evidence that people who take no pictures remember greater detail of an event (eg visiting an art gallery) than people who do take pics. The argument is the photographers are at a distance to the event and dont process it as deeply.
I'd be interested to see if there's a difference between the general public and photographers.
Well, I’m doomed either way because my memory is already pitiful, has always been! Even though I think it’s more an attention problem than memory, but not taking photos doesn’t really help me concentrate much :D

When I was 9 or 10, I was totally in love with David Cassidy. I had every Partridge Family album, watched the TV show religiously, belonged to their fan club, and had a subscription to Tiger Beat magazine and pored over any issue with David in it. I kept the albums for many years, but somewhere in the ‘90s they’ve disappeared. One day walking in Manhattan I bumped into this at a street fair. Seeing it just made me happy.

(And so what if I still remember [and like :whistle: ] all the songs, and watch re-runs of the Partridge Family, singing along, loudly?? :mobibabe:)

View attachment 109296

I loved that series, too!!! I remember the episode David was in love with a girl and thought her the cream of the crop, especially in singing, but she sang out of harmony! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji106]
And I tell you what: two partridge albums were available at iTunes in the early days and I bought both. [emoji1]

I loved that series, too!!! I remember the episode David was in love with a girl and thought her the cream of the crop, especially in singing, but she sang out of harmony! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji106]
And I tell you what: two partridge albums were available at iTunes in the early days and I bought both. [emoji1]
:D :D :D

Congrats dscheff Jeffrey! I like the way younger put it - ‘not only colourful to the eyes, but also to the soul’ :inlove: :notworthy: :thumbs:
I'm just seeing this :eek: (I need to look through the Alerts properly and more often). Thank you so much Younger, and all who commented and, well, I don't know what to say. I will say this: I didn't realize this was a challenge or judgy thing. Thank you again. I appreciate you all :):thumbs::giggle:

I'm just seeing this :eek: (I need to look through the Alerts properly and more often). Thank you so much Younger, and all who commented and, well, I don't know what to say. I will say this: I didn't realize this was a challenge or judgy thing. Thank you again. I appreciate you all :):thumbs::giggle:
It also means you have to choose the next theme Jeffrey :whistle: ;)

Thanks. Here's the whole thing.
This is more thrown together than previous efforts. I like a nice, large terracotta bowl to first landscape and then plant up but not got round to that since we last moved.
This is here to hide a large metal drain cover surrounded by concrete.
View attachment 109419
Give it a month or two and it'll burst into a mass of small white and yellow flowers, all star like with 5 petals.
Update. The flowers are beginning to open.
20180616_192000-01.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom