MobiColour RESULT: MC #120 Theme: Tools of the Trade - May 14-20

Crab Fishing.
817EC890-A33E-467F-B061-14E6008DFE3F.jpeg

PureShot, Fusion.

That is so cute. Look at that little face.:inlove:
I don't know how many people remember the old time local phone operators. And would you believe, when I first moved to Waterside years ago they still had party lines in the rural phone system. You could expect some nosy person to pick up a phone during your calls, and find the phone busy forever when you wanted to make a call. This was 1979! Fortunately the phones were upgraded to private lines the following year. It still sounded like very long distance to make local calls.

I’ve only seen these in b&w, Faye Wray type soft focus movies. That dinky little winder on the side - that connected you with the Operator (?). And what hit those bells to make them ring?
I believe the crank was used to generate some current that was used to ring the operator. The little tappers are inside the bells.

Is that Manny’s? I see that Jimi Hendrix tribute faux left-handed Strat
This is one of the many rooms at Steve's Music in Montreal. There's another guitar section behind me. The next room was all acoustic guitars. Another room for keyboards, another for drums, etc. There's a section for used equipment, too. They even had an iPhone music accessories section. I'm pretty sure this is where I bought one of my bass guitars many years ago. It was a slightly customized 1966 Framus bass.

I don't know how many people remember the old time local phone operators. And would you believe, when I first moved to Waterside years ago they still had party lines in the rural phone system. You could expect some nosy person to pick up a phone during your calls, and find the phone busy forever when you wanted to make a call. This was 1979! Fortunately the phones were upgraded to private lines the following year. It still sounded like very long distance to make local calls.
Yes, we had party lines in the 70s. Many times I’d pick up the phone to find someone else talking on it. Amazing to think of that now.

Back
Top Bottom