MobiColour RESULT: MC #120 Theme: Tools of the Trade - May 14-20

Walking staff. I made this 8 or 9 years ago from an oak sapling. I use this for going up and down slopes that I wouldn't be able to attempt without. It's just under 6 foot long.
20180520_150211-01.jpeg
20180520_145008-01.jpeg

My brain is full of lovely and artistic images of tools. Oh. Well, that image will vanish by 18:00...
Anyway. This past MobiColour brought forth some awesome and creative ideas.

In first place: FundyBrian with " Tools of the frustrated watch repairman." This made me laugh out loud as it reminded me of my Dad - when he said he would "fix" it, he wasn't kidding. Of course, proper tools would have helped...

In second place: MotownLarry 's "Carving Knives." These tools - works of art on their own, are used to create more art. How cool is that?

In third place: lkbside 's "New Mexico Fiber Arts Crawl - tools of the trade. Hipsta." The machine image. What does this even do? I would love to see it in action...

Special mentions, and well dones, to all who participated - it was a lot! MobiTog continually reminds me of how wonderful community is.

My brain is full of lovely and artistic images of tools. Oh. Well, that image will vanish by 18:00...

In first place: FundyBrian with " Tools of the frustrated watch repairman." This made me laugh out loud as it reminded me of my Dad - when he said he would "fix" it, he wasn't kidding. Of course, proper tools would have helped...

In second place: MotownLarry 's "Carving Knives." These tools - works of art on their own, are used to create more art. How cool is that?

In third place: lkbside 's "New Mexico Fiber Arts Crawl - tools of the trade. Hipsta." The machine image. What does this even do? I would love to see it in action...

Special mentions, and well dones, to all who participated - it was a lot! MobiTog continually reminds me of how wonderful community is.
I’m glad you liked my Watch Repairman tools photo. It was rather fun to make it, too. Congrats to MotownLarry and lkbside for your fine images. Well done to everyone who participated.

Thanks dscheff Jeffrey for the honor! Honestly I am not sure what that machine does - maybe it feeds different strands of wool to the loom??? Evidently the fiber arts world is a galaxy of its own... I am not a practitioner, but love the art form. (I did weave some placemats at summer camp many many years ago.)

Congrats Brian and Larry!

Well done, dscheff. [emoji106][emoji4]
Congrats FundyBrian, MotownLarry and lkbside.
Cool theme, great shots, congrats everybody! [emoji111]️[emoji1][emoji106][emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom