MobiColour RESULT: MC #124 Theme WET - June 11-17

I need two posts for my learned comments this week:

It’s rizole and ImageArt.
Thank you :notworthy:, I had a lot of fun with the theme this week. :D Well done ImageArt .
Thanks, Jen. You are so right. I need these adventures to keep me alive. Woking is...well...Woking. There’s only so many pictures I can take of my garden! You will have to wait for November to get my next rush of enthusiasm.

Well done, rizole - from your fan club :notworthy:. Definitely Sam’s turn this time to do the judging.
And thank you too :notworthy:, very kind. Play Misty For Me is a superb image :inlove: but I'll never forgive you for Clammy :angry:.

I’ve had a short list of six for the longest time (and that’s artists, not images :eek:) You all know how it goes, so I’ll spare you the histrionics:

It’s rizole and ImageArt. These two have been winning so often lately that I can’t keep track. So would whomever has had the longest rest from judging please take the judging baton into MC#125?

Of all rizole’s beautiful images — the macros, the unusual, the sobering, the clever, the uber-composed — I could not get past the sheer joyfulness I saw/felt in this mini series around the pavilion. The little girls look to be at the age where they might be too cool to dance, blow bubbles and generally be kids. The boy absorbed in his hand and foot prints equally a joy to behold. Thanks for the heart-warm, rizole :inlove:

View attachment 110849

Ann is on a roll lately. Remember how she was feeling all uninspired and travel-deprived (five minutes after returning from her world tour :lmao:) ? Her recent Africa adventure seems to have cured all that — we’ve been seeing fabulous abstracts, black & whites (remember those umbrellas?) and of course her recent win in MC. I love the clean spare composition that draws the eyes to the the shell and the duck respectively (those ripples . . . ). ‘Play Misty For Me’ is a superb image — beautifully composed, wonderful light and depth (don’t you want to look further in and up?) — and a softness that I find very moving. Those big leaves in the centre opening up to the light . . .

Extra points for the best ho ho title for ‘Clammy’

View attachment 110850

No 2nd and 3rd this week - a girl has her limits. HMs to follow.
Congrats to ImageArt and rizole! Wonderful images from both. It was a fun week.

I’ve had a short list of six for the longest time (and that’s artists, not images :eek:) You all know how it goes, so I’ll spare you the histrionics:

It’s rizole and ImageArt. These two have been winning so often lately that I can’t keep track. So would whomever has had the longest rest from judging please take the judging baton into MC#125?

Of all rizole’s beautiful images — the macros, the unusual, the sobering, the clever, the uber-composed — I could not get past the sheer joyfulness I saw/felt in this mini series around the pavilion. The little girls look to be at the age where they might be too cool to dance, blow bubbles and generally be kids. The boy absorbed in his hand and foot prints equally a joy to behold. Thanks for the heart-warm, rizole :inlove:

View attachment 110849

Ann is on a roll lately. Remember how she was feeling all uninspired and travel-deprived (five minutes after returning from her world tour :lmao:) ? Her recent Africa adventure seems to have cured all that — we’ve been seeing fabulous abstracts, black & whites (remember those umbrellas?) and of course her recent win in MC. I love the clean spare composition that draws the eyes to the the shell and the duck respectively (those ripples . . . ). ‘Play Misty For Me’ is a superb image — beautifully composed, wonderful light and depth (don’t you want to look further in and up?) — and a softness that I find very moving. Those big leaves in the centre opening up to the light . . .

Extra points for the best ho ho title for ‘Clammy’

View attachment 110850

No 2nd and 3rd this week - a girl has her limits. HMs to follow.

Totally, wholeheartedly agree with your choices - and very grateful for your eloquent descriptions that help me to see new/more layers and depth to the images.

Honourable Mentions

2A943DDD-3E4C-4C54-ADF8-5E62A94CE4B2.jpeg

sinnerjohn John who would’ve thought wet bus stops would make such clever and gorgeous images. But he’s done a few now. Time for a photobook, John.

BC1D1716-AFBD-4337-91A9-6CF124B05653.jpeg

FundyBrian Brian, always with an eye for the extraordinary in the ordinary. I thought it was beaten gold. It’s a lemon.

87C1C2DC-67A9-4B76-8463-CF16E283847D.jpeg

younger Juliana another to me joyful image - the misty spray of a wave. And she was on her way to the lighthouse :inlove:

A warm welcome to MobiColour to rajesh — hope to see more of your colour images in this challenge

95546624-3F4D-4CBF-8476-F57464708AA5.jpeg

And a warm welcome back to Lzed Larry: we miss you!

3A20F307-8468-4B7D-B24C-321262307C19.jpeg

Welcome back also jalaislynn — ditto. (Plus I still don’t think rizole is convinced I have either a husband or a sister - my only hope is that he starts to detect differences in our rhetorical and/or artistic style :D

E8C4304C-678D-412B-A4A5-CE9C67EF4C9F.jpeg

Honourable Mentions

View attachment 110864

sinnerjohn John who would’ve thought wet bus stops would make such clever and gorgeous images. But he’s done a few now. Time for a photobook, John.

View attachment 110865

FundyBrian Brian, always with an eye for the extraordinary in the ordinary. I thought it was beaten gold. It’s a lemon.

View attachment 110866

younger Juliana another to me joyful image - the misty spray of a wave. And she was on her way to the lighthouse :inlove:

A warm welcome to MobiColour to rajesh — hope to see more of your colour images in this challenge

View attachment 110867

View attachment 110869

Welcome back also jalaislynn — ditto. (Plus I still don’t think rizole is convinced I have either a husband or a sister - my only hope is that he starts to detect differences in our rhetorical and/or artistic style :D

View attachment 110868

Thank you :)

Honourable Mentions

View attachment 110864

View attachment 110865

View attachment 110866

View attachment 110867

View attachment 110869

View attachment 110868

Honourable Mentions

View attachment 110864

View attachment 110865

View attachment 110866

View attachment 110867

View attachment 110869

View attachment 110868

Thanks from me, too, Jen. I enjoyed exploring this theme.

Honourable Mentions

Thank you for the warm welcome back zenjenny :)

I am a bit concerned for rizole's cognitive state once Janga's and Mr Valentino's contributions start appearing on Mobitog

Thank you for the warm welcome back zenjenny :)

I am a bit concerned for rizole's cognitive state once Janga's and Mr Valentino's contributions start appearing on Mobitog

Back
Top Bottom