Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
color
[kuhl-er]

noun
1. the quality of an object or substance with respect to light reflected by the object, usually determined visually by measurement of hue, saturation, and brightness of the reflected light; saturation or chroma; hue.

adjective

1. involving, utilizing, yielding, or possessing color: a color TV.

Welcome to MobiTog's color Challenge #127!
The rules are easy: Post your mobile photography color images here - LIMIT OF 3 IMAGES IN ONE POST, preferably 1 image per post. No black & white, no shades of grey, just BOLD BRIGHT COLORS! Or, SOFT PASTEL COLORS. Whatever strikes your fancy, or your color palette. :D

The challenge will last one week, and then the winner of the prior challenge will choose the winner of the current challenge, who will then decide
if there will be a theme to the next challenge or not, and what that theme will be. :sneaky:

Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE.
Check out our previous winners in the Gallery HERE.

Let's electrify this space with
C O L O R !!

Theme: Summer Time - whatever that means for you!

The judge for this challenge is RoseCat Catherine!

Last edited:
Maybe it’s the gross 99°F heatwave I’m in the middle of, or that our July Fourth/Independence Day holiday is next week, but how about the theme Summer Time, whatever that means to you. I realize some of us in a different hemisphere are enjoying winter, but perhaps your interpretation would be more on the abstract side.

Maybe it’s the gross 99°F heatwave I’m in the middle of, or that our July Fourth/Independence Day holiday is next week, but how about the theme Summer Time, whatever that means to you. I realize some of us in a different hemisphere are enjoying winter, but perhaps your interpretation would be more on the abstract side.
YES! We are having such awesome weather at the moment I feel like I’m back in HK. It’s 10pm and I’ve just come in from sitting outside on the patio. Wonderful!

YES! We are having such awesome weather at the moment I feel like I’m back in HK. It’s 10pm and I’ve just come in from sitting outside on the patio. Wonderful!
Yes, we’ve had to fold the bi-folds; not because it’s cold, but because the moths come in. The garden is sooooo dry though. Huge cracks have appeared everywhere for the first time since we’ve lived here.

Good one.:thumbs:

Fishing along the Basingstoke Canal

FCA08789-41E5-4985-997E-8568DDB34B97.jpeg

28E41FE3-7FBC-4D98-94CC-26A8F78193F9.jpeg

When the summer sun and the summer crowds at the beach are too much, head for the shade.
Snapseed, ACDSee Pro

This bridge is on the UC Santa Cruz campus, connecting the two story admin bulding (behind me) with the four story university library on the other side. Parking is free on weekends across much of the campus, and students are few in the summer, so it makes a great place to escape the crowds.

Last edited:
View attachment 111356

When the summer sun and the summer crowds at the beach are too much, head for the shade.
Snapseed, ACDSee Pro

This bridge is on the UC Santa Cruz campus, connecting the two story admin bulding (behind me) with the four story university library on the other side. Parking is free on weekends across much of the campus, and students are few, so it makes a great place to escape the crowds.
It’s beautiful... I thought it was a hiking trail.

Wow. These are fantastic, particularly the grass one! Is the frog to rest Jade’s camera on?
Thank you.
Yes, as well as the 3 cameras and umpteen lenses and filters she feels it necessary to lug a couple of kilograms of sand around in the shape of a frog too.
I am a little bit envious of her equipment but console myself with the knowledge my equipment weighs less than the bag she lugs it all around in and I can comfortably forget all I used to know about f stops and isos and just shoot.

I don’t know if I already posted this photo here. It was taken almost 7 months ago, in summer. Currently winter on this side of the globe :D
Don’t remember if there was any edit, but I’m pretty sure I didn’t edit it.
EA667EEF-27D4-4B89-BAB6-FA86CEA3EECA.jpeg

Nice theme, but quite difficult to come up with something other than nice sunny holiday shots, which is what summer means for me anyway, hmmm, I need to think :hushed:

Back
Top Bottom