MobiColour RESULT: MC #127 Theme: Summer Time - July 2-8, 2018

Low Tide and no ice.
558FEE0E-196F-4DCB-8CBF-24BD31A18498.jpeg

PureShot, Affinity.

Thank you.
Yes, as well as the 3 cameras and umpteen lenses and filters she feels it necessary to lug a couple of kilograms of sand around in the shape of a frog too.
I am a little bit envious of her equipment but console myself with the knowledge my equipment weighs less than the bag she lugs it all around in and I can comfortably forget all I used to know about f stops and isos and just shoot.
Ahhh, I thought so. In a previous life, I used to be the tripod with a sandbag on my head on which to rest an enormous lens. I used to have to take a deep breath and hold it so that I didn’t shake the camera.:rolleyes: All that equipment takes the spontaneity out of getting a photo imho. The photographer never seems to have on the right lens.:appsir:

Nice theme, but quite difficult to come up with something other than nice sunny holiday shots, which is what summer means for me anyway, hmmm, I need to think :hushed:
Ideas: an icy cold beer, cold watermelon slices, burgers on the grill, blooming perennials, dry brown grass, air conditioners and fans, kids out of school, road trips.....

Yes, as well as the 3 cameras and umpteen lenses and filters she feels it necessary to lug a couple of kilograms of sand around in the shape of a frog too.
:lol:

but console myself with the knowledge my equipment weighs less than the bag she lugs it all around in and I can comfortably forget all I used to know about f stops and isos and just shoot.
I'm with you, brother, 100%. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Ahhh, I thought so. In a previous life, I used to be the tripod with a sandbag on my head on which to rest an enormous lens. I used to have to take a deep breath and hold it so that I didn’t shake the camera.:rolleyes: All that equipment takes the spontaneity out of getting a photo imho. The photographer never seems to have on the right lens.:appsir:
Oh... and camera manuals.... she's never happy unless she can mutter curses under her breath as she rifles through the manuals trying to find out why this and that don't work.

316DDE8B-A749-40F9-8655-3770DE99309C.jpeg

A Taste of Summer
Snapseed

We had one of our fabulous picnic breakfasts last weekend. Digiscoping at the Deep Muck Marsh and enjoing BSTTs. That would be bacon, spinach and tomato on tortilla chips.

We’ve had the scope out a few times but I’m having difficulty lining the iPhone up with the viewer. Photos have been pitiful, but just watching the wildlife has been great.

View attachment 111368
A Taste of Summer
Snapseed

We had one of our fabulous picnic breakfasts last weekend. Digiscoping at the Deep Muck Marsh and enjoing BSTTs. That would be bacon, spinach and tomato on tortilla chips.

We’ve had the scope out a few times but I’m having difficulty lining the iPhone up with the viewer. Photos have been pitiful, but just watching the wildlife has been great.

Rosé

View attachment 111371
Nothing says summertime more to me than a cold glass of rosé wine with dinner al fresco.
Snapseed and PicShop for the frame
Ooooo.... yes indeed. Love both of these.

View attachment 111370
an ab....ab....ab....whatchamacallit
Nice one!!

summer (a poem) by Catherine Ted and Rizole

kids are out of school, road trips to come
yellows, cracks in the drying earth
fruit, flowers, panting dogs and washing on a line
kites, cricket, hosepipe bans, summer fairs drinking icy cold beer and
eating cold watermelon slices
burgers on the grill, blooming perennials
air conditioners and fans, road repairs, traffic jams and more panting dogs
crowds and crowds sitting on the brown grass
smoke on the horizon, fireworks...

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

I. LOVE. THIS. :inlove::notworthy::inlove:

Right, now put all of that in a photo and post it here! :rolleyes:

Capitola Beach, early summer morning
In a couple of hours, the beach will be packed, but mornings are often foggy and cold here in the summer, so beach life doesn't pick up until late morning on weekdays. If you brave the gray chill, you can have the place almost to yourself for a few hours.

B8EC86E5-FC01-4880-BB72-1AABCDC6BE0D.jpeg

82D45B3B-72F0-45D8-9A94-CAD9A1EAFD01.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom