kites, cricket, hosepipe bans, summer fairs drinking icy cold beer and
eating cold watermelon slices
burgers on the grill, blooming perennials
air conditioners and fans, road repairs, traffic jams and more panting dogs
crowds and crowds sitting on the brown grass
smoke on the horizon, fireworks...

Brilliant :notworthy:

Now do it in haiku?

Sounds like your friend Jade has a very holistic, inclusive and comprehensive approach to photography qua photography. Does she take many photos?
Very many. She's still clicking away long after I've lost interest, partly, I guess, because she takes half an hour to calibrate the watsits and balance the thingies before she even takes a serious shot.

Very many. She's still clicking away long after I've lost interest, partly, I guess, because she takes half an hour to calibrate the watsits and balance the thingies before she even takes a serious shot.
:lol:

From yesterday’s kayak outing.
E4B9E563-BE9C-4C45-BFAD-141F5C5E0CC5.jpeg

My photographer friend, Mike, from Ontario was visiting for a few days and I took him for a paddle on the Bay of Fundy in our Tandem kayak, along the Fundy National Park shore. This headland is Matthews Head and the hiking trail ends here, but the people on the cliff are completely unaware of the face profile in the cliff. That can only be seen from a small boat. I was maneuvering the kayak into position for a picture of the face profile. Meanwhile the people up top were pointing out a seal in the water behind and to the left of us. While also watching for the seal I was aware of the sound of a fishing boat approaching and likely to appear any second from behind the headland. Mike had his DSLR with a big lens and I had my iPhone 7 Plus. I tapped the 1x to switch to the wide lens to encompass the entire story, figuring I could always clone out the people later if I wanted. I made 3 quick exposures. About 10 seconds waiting and 6 0r 7 seconds to make a photo. I don’t know what choices Mike made for his photos. We each made a spontaneous choice based on what equipment we had in our hands at the moment. Our pictures are in no way similar, except we were at the same place at the same time. I don’t think an iPhone/Smartphone puts you in a better position to be spontaneous. It’s true that it narrows your range of options and that simplifies your choices. What makes you able to respond quickly to a fast breaking situation is knowing your equipment. We had plenty of time to watch the seal.

This headland is Matthews Head and the hiking trail ends here, but the people on the cliff are completely unaware of the face profile in the cliff. That can only be seen from a small boat.
That’s one crazy profile! It looks like it was carved on purpose. Complete with green hair.

Chasing pigeons
Snapseed
View attachment 111387

Kids+water+sand = :thumbs: Add pigeons = :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I love the distinct sections in this image — concrete, dry sand, wet sand, flat rock, chunky rock — and that’s before you get to the layers of seawater. Screams ‘abstract to’ me :D

(Don’t be alarmed, lots of images scream ‘abstract’ to me :lmao:)

Kids+water+sand = :thumbs: Add pigeons = :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I love the distinct sections in this image — concrete, dry sand, wet sand, flat rock, chunky rock — and that’s before you get to the layers of seawater. Screams ‘abstract to’ me :D

(Don’t be alarmed, lots of images scream ‘abstract’ to me :lmao:)
:lol: Not alarmed (I guess... :D)

Thanks! :)

Look at all those.... cormorants?
Yes, cormorants and gulls mostly. They make quite a racket at wake-up time. There are several islands in a row, the bigger ones farther out. The locals say the rocks get cleaned off in the winter but when the birds return the rocks soon get whitewashed again. As the tide turns there is a fairly strong current through the islands.

Fundy Fog.
39B74110-E1DB-44F9-BA31-6E52453ECC5E.jpeg

A view looking east out of my upstairs window this morning a little after sunrise. Summer brings warm air, but the Bay of Fundy water is still cold - a perfect recipe for fog. This occurs mostly in early July but we can have fog anytime. Bay of Fundy water is unusually cold because the giant tides keep the water stirred up so the usual temperature layering that occurs in most bodies of water don’t get a chance to form. Normally in this view we can see Dennis Beach, Waterside Beach, to Cape Enrage. Waterside is locally known as the fog capital of the world. We live just above the fog.
Yesterday while out in my kayak I measured the water temperature at 58°F, or 14°C.
(I just looked for a site recording Bay of Fundy water temperatures and it says the average temperature for this date is 11°C/52°F.)
Photographed with the Apple camera app using the 2x lens and a little bit of zoom added. No colour edits. Closer inspection reveals an appalling amount of noise reduction detail mushing.

Last edited:
Fundy Fog.
View attachment 111450
Closer inspection reveals an appalling amount of noise reduction detail mushing.

I am now sufficiently recovered from the appalling amount of noise reduction detail mushing :eek: to be able to say *wow* and *gorgeous* :inlove:

(and of course *shame about the appalling amount of noise reduction detail mushing* :eek: :eek: )

Fundy Fog.
View attachment 111450
A view looking east out of my upstairs window this morning a little after sunrise. Summer brings warm air, but the Bay of Fundy water is still cold - a perfect recipe for fog. This occurs mostly in early July but we can have fog anytime. Bay of Fundy water is unusually cold because the giant tides keep the water stirred up so the usual temperature layering that occurs in most bodies of water don’t get a chance to form. Normally in this view we can see Dennis Beach, Waterside Beach, to Cape Enrage. Waterside is locally known as the fog capital of the world. We live just above the fog.
Photographed with the Apple camera app using the 2x lens and a little bit of zoom added. No colour edits. Closer inspection reveals an appalling amount of noise reduction detail mushing.
Regardless of noise reduction, its a beautiful image.

Back
Top Bottom