MobiColour RESULT: MC #127 Theme: Summer Time - July 2-8, 2018

I am now sufficiently recovered from the appalling amount of noise reduction detail mushing :eek: to be able to say *wow* and *gorgeous* :inlove:

(and of course *shame about the appalling amount of noise reduction detail mushing* :eek: :eek: )
Lol.:D

when It’s summer, I long for the beach. I don’t always get to go even though it’s relatively close by (2 hour drive, but what’s that to a Texan really?) These were taken in Summer 2016. It happened to be “Go Topless day”, a Jeep rally that happens every year. The beach was covered in topless jeeps of all ages, models and colors. Was pretty cool.
The second picture got a new edit today. I “lost” the original final edit and couldn’t recreate it :( but I like how this one *almost* looks like a painting.

2934982D-744E-416E-A9A1-498248E9BA00.jpeg

CBFBF846-6735-4C6E-BA2A-6663D0D6E878.jpeg

Last edited:
when It’s summer, I long for the beach. I don’t always get to go even though it’s relatively close by (2 hour drive, but what’s that to a Texan really?) These were taken in Summer 2016. It happened to be “Go Topless day”, a Jeep rally that happens every year. The beach was covered in topless jeeps of all ages, models and colors. Was pretty cool.
The second picture got a new edit today. I “lost” the original final edit and couldn’t recreate it :( but I like how this one *almost* looks like a painting.

View attachment 111451

View attachment 111452
Love that first image :thumbs:

summer (a poem) by Catherine Ted and Rizole

kids are out of school, road trips to come
yellows, cracks in the drying earth
fruit, flowers, panting dogs and washing on a line
kites, cricket, hosepipe bans, summer fairs drinking icy cold beer and
eating cold watermelon slices
burgers on the grill, blooming perennials
air conditioners and fans, road repairs, traffic jams and more panting dogs
crowds and crowds sitting on the brown grass
smoke on the horizon, fireworks...
W.O.W

Very many. She's still clicking away long after I've lost interest, partly, I guess, because she takes half an hour to calibrate the watsits and balance the thingies before she even takes a serious shot.
You’ve totally justified the reason I love mobile photography. I love the spontaneity. Oh yes, I do sometimes envy the amazing shots you can get with a DSLR but not all the gubbins that goes with it.

It’s really summer when....
4C9720F0-3760-45B9-9417-0823A7E33585.jpeg

Wildflowers, like Daisies, & Yarrow are in bloom, along with Evening Primrose, Beach Pea, Pink Clover, Vetch, Goatsbeard in seed, Dandilion all finished, marsh grasses in bloom.
Moment camera app with 2x lens, even the lens flare is real.

View attachment 111477
Wildflowers, like Daisies, & Yarrow are in bloom, along with Evening Primrose, Beach Pea, Pink Clover, Vetch, Goatsbeard in seed, Dandilion all finished, marsh grasses in bloom.
Great shot, love the perspective with light above the flowers. :thumbs:

View attachment 111477

Lovely. I love stark flower images - may dscheff ’s recent passion never end - must learn about light and back drops one day. We so rarely really see every bit of a flower with no possible visual distractions. Seeing them like this makes me appreciate them all the more when I see them in my everyday life.

Lovely. I love stark flower images - may dscheff ’s recent passion never end - must learn about light and back drops one day. We so rarely really see every bit of a flower with no possible visual distractions. Seeing them like this makes me appreciate them all the more when I see them in my everyday life.
The backdrop in this case is the other side of the river bank in shade, a bank maybe 100 feet high climbing to 200 feet a little up river, with the sun peeking over. We're in the sun on the opposite side of the river.
That type of backlighting really reveals many details of form not otherwise appreciated.
I was also stopping to admire tall marsh grasses in flower, the heads quite fascinating in detail. All the foliage so vibrantly green after the recent rains.

Back
Top Bottom