MobiColour RESULT: MC #127 Theme: Summer Time - July 2-8, 2018

It’s really summer when....
View attachment 111477
Wildflowers, like Daisies, & Yarrow are in bloom, along with Evening Primrose, Beach Pea, Pink Clover, Vetch, Goatsbeard in seed, Dandilion all finished, marsh grasses in bloom.
Moment camera app with 2x lens, even the lens flare is real.
This is so striking!! Magical...

Sun Way

8A05897B-3F47-4AA1-B5F0-7AAB7DF0CF05.jpeg

Took the picture while commuting to work. No edit just native camera.

The anemone is gorgeous! So clear, and the color and light is amazing. I can’t believe that’s even a mobile image! :notworthy:
Thanks. :smileycat: I was surprised by the results too! So many times I've thought "Nah, this'll never work" and then it does. (Of course, there are also plenty of those times when I think "This'll work great" and it doesn't.)

I’m away for a few days visiting a friend in upstate New York, and away from MT for just a day and I can’t believe the wonderful images! :inlove: Sure glad I’m not the...........

............ :flushed:

:barf:
Yes, I can empathise with that!:barf:

View attachment 111477
Wildflowers, like Daisies, & Yarrow are in bloom, along with Evening Primrose, Beach Pea, Pink Clover, Vetch, Goatsbeard in seed, Dandilion all finished, marsh grasses in bloom.
Beautiful. I thought that this was one of dscheff Jeffrey’s.

Beautiful. I thought that this was one of dscheff Jeffrey’s.
Thanks. He does a beautiful job with his studio lighting and dark backdrop. This really is an outdoor available light photo with the flowers still growing in the ground. It’s interesting to see that the inspiration for studio styles comes from real life situations, even if they happen to be unusual conditions. It only takes an extra couple of stops of lighting contrast to render a shaded background nearly black.

when It’s summer, I long for the beach. I don’t always get to go even though it’s relatively close by (2 hour drive, but what’s that to a Texan really?) These were taken in Summer 2016. It happened to be “Go Topless day”, a Jeep rally that happens every year. The beach was covered in topless jeeps of all ages, models and colors. Was pretty cool.
The second picture got a new edit today. I “lost” the original final edit and couldn’t recreate it :( but I like how this one *almost* looks like a painting.

View attachment 111451

View attachment 111452
What great images. It’s quite difficult to make such a full scene look atmospheric and you have so done this in both.

I’m curious about this location and the similarity of colours in all the buildings & roofs. Perhaps there is a consistency of style controlled by the town?
You are probably quite right Brian, a policy which a lot of English coastal towns could have done with over the years. You also have to remember this area was at war in the late 90's so I assume that would have slowed down the building of larger hotels etc. This is Cavtat approx 9 miles south of Dubrovnik.

You’ve totally justified the reason I love mobile photography. I love the spontaneity. Oh yes, I do sometimes envy the amazing shots you can get with a DSLR but not all the gubbins that goes with it.
I’ve seen this point of view come up before, not just on MobiTog, and I find this quite fascinating, and puzzling. I’m not sure of the origin. Maybe that’s because I’m coming at it from the other side. The way I see it, anyone can make good pictures with a DSLR. Making good pictures with a cellphone is harder - it has so many limitations. To the DSLR folks I’m known to say, OK you think you’re a good photographer? Show me what you can do with a cellphone.

I certainly appreciate the much lighter size and weight of a cellphone, even including necessary accessories like a battery back-up. And certainly, a cellphone is the camera you always have with you. But there are lots of compact DSLR-quality cameras that are not big heavy lumps.

What is the difference in your spontaneity whether you have a regular camera or a cellphone in your hand?

I’m not sure what you mean by “all the gubbins”. Let’s ignore the optional accessories you could buy for your camera or cellphone, like extra lenses or powered gimbals. We’ll just look at a camera and a cellphone. Maybe you can help me understand where the bottleneck is in the chain of events:
A- people find a regular camera too complicated to operate.
B- people want to do photography but don’t want to be bothered with knowing how it works.
C- people have come to depend on apps that give their photos a certain “look” and are worried they can’t do that with a regular camera.

Maybe people are remembering what it used to be like with an SLR in the old days with manual everything and they feel a deep-seated aversion to going back there. Nowadays, with a DSLR (etc) there’s no need to even turn it on, you just tap the shutter release and it’s on, no passcode or fingerprint recognition needed, no picking a camera app. You just raise it to your eye and even in difficult viewing conditions you can see very well to compose your shot and see that it is instantly in focus. In a “spontaneous” situation the average DSLR user would have fired off 5 or 6 shots before you got your chosen camera app started.

You are probably quite right Brian, a policy which a lot of English coastal towns could have done with over the years. You also have to remember this area was at war in the late 90's so I assume that would have slowed down the building of larger hotels etc. This is Cavtat approx 9 miles south of Dubrovnik.
I just wish more places were sufficiently forward thinking to protect the natural beauty of their area from bad taste and profiteers

Sun Way

View attachment 111478

Took the picture while commuting to work. No edit just native camera.
I thought this should have been in the Black & White Challenge when I first looked at it, but I see that square of colour to the right. It’s very atmospheric with the sun coming in through the doorway and the view of the train. Well done for seeing a photo opp and producing this.:thumbs:

You just raise it to your eye and even in difficult viewing conditions you can see very well to compose your shot and see that it is instantly in focus. In a “spontaneous” situation the average DSLR user would have fired off 5 or 6 shots before you got your chosen camera app started.
That's certainly true, or mostly so. I use the iOS native camera app most of the time and don't quit it while I'm out walking around, so all I have to do is wake up the phone (click click) and shoot. The things I miss about DSLRs are the viewfinder (so much better when photographing outdoors) and the lens options (mainly the reach of longer lenses).

That's certainly true, or mostly so. I use the iOS native camera app most of the time and don't quit it while I'm out walking around, so all I have to do is wake up the phone (click click) and shoot. The things I miss about DSLRs are the viewfinder (so much better when photographing outdoors) and the lens options (mainly the reach of longer lenses).
The optical viewfinder for sure. Another big one is the adjustable aperture. Selecting the appropriate depth of field is such a big part of photography.

View attachment 111477
Now, this is a beautiful capture :):thumbs:

I thought this should have been in the Black & White Challenge when I first looked at it, but I see that square of colour to the right. It’s very atmospheric with the sun coming in through the doorway and the view of the train. Well done for seeing a photo opp and producing this.:thumbs:

Thanks :). You are right even I too got the same feeling when I viewed the photo. After that, when keenly watched means, slight colour represent will be there.

Back
Top Bottom