MobiColour RESULT: MC #137 Theme FACE - Sept 10-16, 2018

I have LOVED seeing everyone’s interpretation of the word Face. I’ve loved the graffiti faces, the selfies, the arty faces, faces on beer bottles and milk churns, cliff faces, rock faces, human, bird and animal faces - alive and sculpted. It’s been a joy to go through them again, but choosing favourites has been hard.

Out of all of these lovely images, one kept rising to the top. That one is A Face Replicated from MotownLarry. It makes me smile every time I look at it. :DThat is such a great t-shirt with the same face (and torso) going off into infinity. The cartoon on the front is brilliant, as is the artist who drew it. We all want one now, but with our faces on it obviously.:rolleyes:
View attachment 114391

Second is RoseCat Catherine’s untitled arty head with glasses. It is sooooo lovely to see Catherine doing one of her wonderful artfully edited images. I hope we see more!
View attachment 114392

Third is rizole Rizole, with My Face. A great composition for a selfie. Every time I look at that face, I thank goodness that we are still able to gaze upon it and that it’s in one piece, albeit held together in places with bits of ironmongery.
View attachment 114393

Thank you all so much for embracing the theme and giving me such Mobi Colour Challenge joy this week.
Aw, beautifully summed up Jilly!! What a great choice... MotownLarry ’s image is truly fab - super congrats Larry!! :D

Thank you very much for the second place and your kind words... XOXO :notworthy:

Congrats rizole on your third! I echo Jilly’s sentiments - so grateful to have you part of this family, ironmongery (what a great word!) and all. :)

Great choices and yes I do think Catherine hides her arty talents. Was searching the App Whisperer and saw some lovely stuff by her!

I KNOW. Where has that girl gone?
You two are sweethearts.... :kissingheart::kissingheart: XOXO

A lot of my previous *arty stuff* was created during a very stressful time in my life, during which I found an escape from a toxic relationship within my iPhone & apps. Also, I hung out in New York City a lot and feel like there’s more opportunity for “cool” stuff.

But Jilly, your encouragement has led me to save a bunch of some of those “cool” images from 2012/13 that I never edited, or may re-edit (like the face in this thread that you like, which I shot in 2012 in an eyeglass display window in Manhattan) in the hopes of rekindling some creativity.... which I have missed. :kissingheart:

You two are sweethearts.... :kissingheart::kissingheart: XOXO

A lot of my previous *arty stuff* was created during a very stressful time in my life, during which I found an escape from a toxic relationship within my iPhone & apps. Also, I hung out in New York City a lot and feel like there’s more opportunity for “cool” stuff.

But

I’m willing to sacrifice myself for your art — how about I come over and we have a toxic relationship you can escape after you get me in to see the Blind Boys ? :mobibabe:

Back
Top Bottom