View attachment 76807 a big circle ~ Snapseed

A highlight of this small-town gal's visit to London on the occasion of becoming a grandmother. That and the visit to a lady tattooist who *does* lots of well-known people (on the telly, like) -- and running into the current Guiness' 'world's most tattooed man' where she'd just done a bit more work on his eyelid :confused:

Here is my entry. This was done in Matter app. I filled the shapes with fractals I had made. To finish, I added a stripe from Lory Stripe.

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my entry. This was done in Matter app. I filled the shapes with fractals I had made. To finish, I added a stripe from Lory Stripe.

View attachment 76828

Gorgeous colour & detail, Kerry - thanks so much for joining in! *wow* re the detail in the construction of the image - and thanks for sharing your workflow!
(And please keep participating - looking forward to seeing more of your creations!)

:notworthy: I got loose for two days in a row, so I had time to go circle hunting. It's one of the wonderful things about being retired.
I was inspired by the result of your foraging, Ted, and went on a hunt myself. It was a lovely late afternoon here on Saturday and I went up to the Peak to find the old Pinewood Battery that I had heard about. It's in ruins now but I thought I might get some good shots.

Walking along the wooded paths towards the battery, a lot of the slopes are reinforced:

image.jpeg

Some of the plants along the way. I grunged it up in Snapseed to give it a bit of interest.
image.jpeg

Leftover parts of the battery:

image.jpeg

I was inspired by the result of your foraging, Ted, and went on a hunt myself. It was a lovely late afternoon here on Saturday and I went up to the Peak to find the old Pinewood Battery that I had heard about. It's in ruins now but I thought I might get some good shots.

Walking along the wooded paths towards the battery, a lot of the slopes are reinforced:

View attachment 76886

Some of the plants along the way. I grunged it up in Snapseed to give it a bit of interest.
View attachment 76887

Leftover parts of the battery:

View attachment 76888
:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: for all three of these. The last one in particular makes me imagine future archaelogists (or aliens) trying to figure out the ritual significance of these structures.

It seems like if you can give your brain a sniff of the target and some time to wander, it always finds something.

A week of AMAZING images!! :inlove: :notworthy: But, we've come to the time of hard decisions, and this week that is a job for zenjenny! Best of luck to you, Oh Babe-of-the-MobiWorld :mobibabe: I'm not envious. :barf:

I nearly made this difficult for myself my thinking about how hard, how much artistry, how many reasons why each individual image was so clearly a winner. Then, luckily, I remembered that this-all is precisely about fun, and the minute it stops being fun, I should stop doing it.

So. I picked one found (nature), one found (made) and one (at least mainly) digital art app-created. With thanks and applause to all contributing artists, I present:

3. for Sheer App Artistry Circles: digital_bunny's untitled deliciously colourful and mysterious Image with Matter Fractals and Lory Stripes

image.jpeg

2. for Well Done Finding and Getting Angles Right on this Made Circle: terse's there-is-so-much-fabulous-about-this-where-would-you-start Iron Circle

image.jpeg

And your MobiColour #14 Winner:
1. for Simply Beautiful Found in Nature Circle: mwolfer's simple & beautiful Broken Circle

image.jpeg

Special Mention for Last Minute Contribution with One Barely Discernible Circle in an Array of Lines and Squares: ikingtrust's untitled beautifully angled SnapSeed & MasterFX architectural piece

image.jpeg

Thanks to all contributors - just loved this Circles thread! :notworthy: :) :thumbs:

I nearly made this difficult for myself my thinking about how hard, how much artistry, how many reasons why each individual image was so clearly a winner. Then, luckily, I remembered that this-all is precisely about fun, and the minute it stops being fun, I should stop doing it.

So. I picked one found (nature), one found (made) and one (at least mainly) digital art app-created. With thanks and applause to all contributing artists, I present:

3. for Sheer App Artistry Circles: digital_bunny's untitled deliciously colourful and mysterious Image with Matter Fractals and Lory Stripes

View attachment 76946

2. for Well Done Finding and Getting Angles Right on this Made Circle: terse's there-is-so-much-fabulous-about-this-where-would-you-start Iron Circle

View attachment 76947

And your MobiColour #14 Winner:
1. for Simply Beautiful Found in Nature Circle: mwolfer's simple & beautiful Broken Circle

View attachment 76948

Special Mention for Last Minute Contribution with One Barely Discernible Circle in an Array of Lines and Squares: ikingtrust's untitled beautifully angled SnapSeed & MasterFX architectural piece

View attachment 76949

Thanks to all contributors - just loved this Circles thread! :notworthy: :) :thumbs:

This means a lot to me. Thank you for the mention. I am proud of this piece.

Congrats to everyone!!!

Then, luckily, I remembered that this-all is precisely about fun, and the minute it stops being fun, I should stop doing it.
Absolutely correct! :thumbs: This is all about FUN.

And creativity, and thinking outside the box. :thumbs:

And what perfect choices you've made, Jen!! Super congrats Mel!! I love love love your image. Nature gets it right, every time. :inlove:

Congrats also to Ted and Kerry for your unique interpretations of the theme! And to ikingtrust for the Special Mention - it's a beautiful architectural shot.

This has definitely been one of my fave MobiColor challenges yet! :D

Soooooooo..... mwolfer Mel, will there be a theme next week? :sneaky:

Back
Top Bottom