MobiColour RESULT: MC #140 Theme: Lines - Oct 1-7, 2018

Light rays broken into colour spectrum.
View attachment 115257
The original light ray source is at the center with a small circle around it. From there is meets two circular prisms and you see the reflections and transmission and dispersion effects through the glass. This was made with the Prism HD app, now defunct as of iOS 11, but it was fun to use. You could place various types of prisms in light beams and see what happens.
Edit: I just went looking for this app on the App Store and found a huge number of apps with “prism” in the name but not this one. Prism Toy has appeared but appears to be a simpler copy version not by the same developer.
Edit 2: still available and works on pre ios11 devices. I just downloaded it on our older iPad.
Will have a look if I don’t forget. :thumbs:

Bridge lines and skyline

5DF0FB66-7F41-480F-9BFE-0C606E25C35A.jpeg

6pod native, Snapseed

How do you like the Moment lens? Do you have any others? Favorites and recommendations if so?
I absolutely love the Moment Macro lens. I am now thinking of getting the Portrait lens. However....

I also have a Wide Angle lens which includes a macro lens which is a Beastgrip lens. I’m not sure what the macro magnification is on this but it’s not enough and I find using the iPhone’s x2 zoom works as well. The Beastgrip is unfortunately too much of a beast and so I haven’t used the Wide Angle. I’ve now got a cheap clip-on mount for this and still hope to use it. Beastgrip are coming out with a ‘BeastCage’ which I think is far more practical and like Moment will be made to fit the size of the camera. If it had been out already I might have considered going for this with their new x3 telephoto because you can fit filters to the front of both of these lenses. The standard 37mm size is used with the BeastGrip products so it enables you to use lenses from other makers which I think gives much more versatility.

But then the Moment lenses are really excellent so :confused: There always seems to be pros and cons for all products as there are for apps.

I’m sure Beastgrip used to have a Moment Lens adapter but can’t find it so wondered whether they were forced to withdraw it or whether I was just having another senior Moment :lmao:.

Back
Top Bottom