MobiColour RESULT: MC #149 No Theme - Dec 3-9, 2018

Original mobile camera. . Too heavy for a pocket! Sony Xperia. Photo Editor. View attachment 117676

I’m in love with that second image - I’m going through a ‘mad about saturation’ stage. Those colours . . . In some of the few images of yours I've seen so far , I notice a delicious exuberance with the palette. More, please :)

This looks like my neck of the woods, too...? I have no idea what those markings mean, though - do you?
Googling I found this “Certain eucalyptus species develop scribble marks on their smooth bark. These marks are not human-made, but are caused by insect larvae that feed on the surface layer, thereby leaving a trail that may appear scribbled.”

Moonrise at sunset
MaxCurve
D1FB01FA-58EE-49E6-8859-EC55B2FBBFE6.jpeg

8C4E07D6-247D-4898-A704-A899C9F2CFC0.jpeg

Return of the geese...
DistressedFX & Snapseed

I started my daily morning walk routine last January-ish. I was loving all the geese flying overhead and their loud, raucous morning conversations on the lake. Then, one morning in March or April, they were gone. Just like that. Literally overnight. The morning before there were hundreds on the lake, and they seemed especially loud (now I believe they were excitedly discussing the eminent departure and journey). The next morning, not a goose in sight. My walk past the lake was silent. It was a bit shocking, and after a few days when I realized they weren’t coming back, I felt sad. Over the spring and summer I’d see just a handful now and then.

But then.... Autumn came, and suddenly around October, I began seeing the flocks flying in - I’d hear them first, and the sound literally lifted my heart. Little by little the lake has filled up, and my morning walks are once again accompanied by geese flying overhead, and loud animated conversations on the lake. Life is good. :inlove:

Back
Top Bottom