MobiColour RESULT: MC #154 No Theme - January 7-13, 2019

Six?!?! :eek: Still in recovery from the holidays, I guess.*

Congrats to sdimbour for that lovely capture, and some applause for the rest of us who chipped in, including us two lonely former colonials.

* And just by the way, I'm sure you'll all be fascinated to learn that the common English verbal tic "I guess," which you might suppose to be relatively modern, has quite a long history, all the way back to Chaucer ("y gesse") and Middle English if not farther. For example:

For thou of love hast lost thy taste, y gesse,
As seke man hath of swete and bitternesse
-- The Parliament of Fowls​

("seke" = "sick" in this context)

Thanking you for your attention.

Mobile art and the Canon - where else ? :notworthy: :mobibabe: :notworthy:

Headlines this week -
Everybody's a Winner! (6 Mobitoggers participated)
Brits in a Landslide! (they accounted for 89% of the entries)
Coronation80's weekly outpouring was stunning in its vibrancy, awash in primary colors. sinnerjohn treated us to 2 beautifully moody edits. rizole surfaces and sunset were classic Rizole. terse and zenjenny gave us wonderful abstracts. And the winner is...
sdimbour's End of Christmas which kept drawing me back for multiple viewings, nicely composed and edited, evoking a large dose of post-holiday pathos

View attachment 119203

Congrats, sdimbour Sandra - perfect January winner :inlove:

Headlines this week -
Coronation80's weekly outpouring was stunning in its vibrancy, awash in primary colors. sinnerjohn treated us to 2 beautifully moody edits. rizole surfaces and sunset were classic Rizole. terse and zenjenny gave us wonderful abstracts. And the winner is...
sdimbour's End of Christmas which kept drawing me back for multiple viewings, nicely composed and edited, evoking a large dose of post-holiday pathos

View attachment 119203
Nice wrapup David! :D Great choice too... Congrats sdimbour Sandra! Just love your image, it really does draw one in. :inlove:

* And just by the way, I'm sure you'll all be fascinated to learn that the common English verbal tic "I guess," which you might suppose to be relatively modern, has quite a long history, all the way back to Chaucer ("y gesse") and Middle English if not farther. For example:

For thou of love hast lost thy taste, y gesse,
As seke man hath of swete and bitternesse
-- The Parliament of Fowls
("seke" = "sick" in this context)
Well, look at that! Love learning things like this. :notworthy:

Thanks deepop david for making me a winner this week Very proud !!!
Gonna think about next week theme !!!

Headlines this week -
Coronation80's outpouring was stunning in its vibrancy, awash in primary colors. sinnerjohn treated us to 2 beautifully moody edits. rizole surfaces and sunset were classic Rizole. terse and zenjenny gave us wonderful abstracts. And the winner is...

View attachment 119203

Back
Top Bottom