MobiColour RESULT: MC #156 Theme: NO THEME - January 21-27, 2019

C9BB858C-E1E8-467C-8D4D-DF934E37532D.jpeg

Huawei P20 Pro, Snapseed

I absolutely love this and am so impressed with the quality, but that wonky horizon makes me feel slightly queasy. But then I do get sea sick if the bath water moves, so ...:barf:
I did contemplate correcting it but it was partly due to the angle of shooting upstream and the swan would have been leaning over. :lol:

You continue to make me extremely jealous with the superb quality of your non-iPhone photos.:D
I think I have rather been taken by surprise. I’m trying to decide which phone I like the best. They both have their pros and cons. My feeling is - and it’s very subjective - that the iPhone gives me more well focused but ordinary shots. The Huawei P20 Pro on the otherhand gives me fewer well focused shots but the ones I get are exceptional and ultimately this is probably what you want. I haven’t tested video but by all accounts the iPhone is very much superior so this would be important for me. To be honest I feel like I need both!

I think I have rather been taken by surprise. I’m trying to decide which phone I like the best. They both have their pros and cons. My feeling is - and it’s very subjective - that the iPhone gives me more well focused but ordinary shots. The Huawei P20 Pro on the otherhand gives me fewer well focused shots but the ones I get are exceptional and ultimately this is probably what you want. I haven’t tested video but by all accounts the iPhone is very much superior so this would be important for me. To be honest I feel like I need both!

But Ann, you’re working with an iPhone 7+ and comparing it to a HP20Pro. Is that a fair comparison? Shouldn’t you be comparing the iPhone XS with the HP20Pro? I realise that this might be difficult because you don’t have an iPhone XS on loan, but I don’t think you’ll find out just how good the HDR is on the latest iPhones until you try one. How you do that though is another matter. Just saying.:mobibabe:

But Ann, you’re working with an iPhone 7+ and comparing it to a HP20Pro. Is that a fair comparison? Shouldn’t you be comparing the iPhone XS with the HP20Pro? I realise that this might be difficult because you don’t have an iPhone XS on loan, but I don’t think you’ll find out just how good the HDR is on the latest iPhones until you try one. How you do that though is another matter. Just saying.:mobibabe:
Ok, that’s a fair point, Jilly. I suppose the 7+ is 2 years old already. Maybe we should get together and have a shootout :sneaky:.

Actually, I would love to get my hands on an iPhone XS for testing. I suppose the whole point of me looking at Android is the fact that it can be as much as half the price of an iPhone and I feel like Apple are taking the proverbial. This has proved to me that I can get an Android which looks like it surpasses my existing iPhone.

His Master's Voice.
Coincidently I was listening to Podcast Radio Hour, which is a podcast about podcasts so there's all sorts of meta going on here
View attachment 119738
And forgive me as I ramble on semi-coherently...this is the first post I've made over the college wifi. Long story short, I figured out how to convert the DER format wifi certificate to a PEM one, which Firefox recognises and will install. No more running my phone on data and running out by the end of the month. :D
Fabulous. Well found.:thumbs:

Ok, that’s a fair point, Jilly. I suppose the 7+ is 2 years old already. Maybe we should get together and have a shootout :sneaky:.

Actually, I would love to get my hands on an iPhone XS for testing. I suppose the whole point of me looking at Android is the fact that it can be as much as half the price of an iPhone and I feel like Apple are taking the proverbial. This has proved to me that I can get an Android which looks like it surpasses my existing iPhone.
Yes, I see. The HPP would definitely be an improvement on your 7+ and you’re doing great things with it. If you’re doing all the processing on your iPad, then maybe you don’t need a new iPhone.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom