MobiColour RESULT: MC #157 Theme: Forgotten Objects - Jan 28-Feb 3, 2019

In reverse order, I'm awarding joint 3rd to Coronation80 for The once loved house. Love the textures and patterns on this and word "Monsters".
And zenjenny for Gone but not. A delicate picture with the flower nicely isolated from any context and an interesting back story.

In second is RoseCat with Train. I'm a sucker for weathered and defaced surfaces. Again, lovely textures and strong lines.

And our winner this week is deepop with Corn stalkers.
391687F4-1C37-441E-9375-468AF9FBCFF8.jpeg

Such a simple picture, 3 colours (and yes, white is a colour, who's doing the judging here anyway? :appsir: ) , a horizon and broken uprights. The low angle makes the stalks look oddly very tall which makes the snow look very deep. Obviously neither is true otherwise deepop would have been up to his neck in snow drift. As has been noted above, it looks like an art installation, surreal and alien all at the same time. It's a lovely picture.

Hm to sinnerjohn's dodo. What a ridiculous beak.

In reverse order, I'm awarding joint 3rd to Coronation80 for The once loved house. Love the textures and patterns on this and word "Monsters".
And zenjenny for Gone but not. A delicate picture with the flower nicely isolated from any context and an interesting back story.

In second is RoseCat with Train. I'm a sucker for weathered and defaced surfaces. Again, lovely textures and strong lines.

View attachment 120281
Such a simple picture, 3 colours (and yes, white is a colour, who's doing the judging here anyway? :appsir: ) , a horizon and broken uprights. The low angle makes the stalks look oddly very tall which makes the snow look very deep. Obviously neither is true otherwise deepop would have been up to his neck in snow drift. As has been noted above, it looks like an art installation, surreal and alien all at the same time. It's a lovely picture.

Agree! :)
Congrats to all winners and the judge. :) :thumbs:

View attachment 120281

Fab wrapup Rizole. :thumbs: Congrats deepop David! Well deserved, and beautifully *seen*. High fives and congrats to Coronation80 and zenjenny, and to sinnerjohn John’s “ridiculous beak”. :lol: And thank you so much for the 2nd! Makes me happy when other people *get* the stuff I like.

View attachment 120281

Thanks, Rizole. I appreciate reading your thoughts about the photo. Congrats to Coronation80 , zenjenny , RoseCat and sinnerjohn .

Thank you, rizole - always enjoy reading your wrapups.

Congrats deepop - I loved the image anyway, but appreciated it more with rizole ’s expert analysis (although I don’t know how he is so certain you were not up to your neck in snowdrifts). Ann suggested you could win the Turner Prize with this image — I hope you submit it somewhere ...

Congrats RoseCat and Coronation80 :inlove: And I’m chuffed to share 3rd with Stephen’s glorious ‘once loved’ (and surprised Cat hasn’t yet moved in :D)

Back
Top Bottom