MobiColour RESULT: MC #164 Theme: Street Photography - March 17-23, 2019

As JillyG wisely noted in her B&W challenge, MobiTog will be getting a tune-up tomorrow and we will all be virtually homeless for a day.... :fearscream: Going to close this challenge early and let sinnerjohn get the judging done.... although with the time difference I’m not sure this will work. :confused:

Well, I love Mobitog's new look and I love street photography. But actually 'doing it' fills me full of dread :eek: Maybe I've spent years avoiding having people in the shot, its just very hard for me to overcome that.

Anyways, LOADS of really good, thoughtful images this week, some new some old, but I can honestly say there isn't an image I do not like.
Very hard to pick a winner, but as usual as its a challenge someone needs to win.
1st is sdimbour Friends at the Eiffel Tower. How perfect is this, two friends caught in casual chat, that iconic tower behind and so clear an image.
Makes all of us 'over processing' fans wonder doesn't it :rolleyes:

2nd is (and a very close second at that) is Coronation80. I just love that lady, who wouldn't! I think she's more European than Bristollian but what would I know.

3rd was a brilliant rizole special, that horse, that woman's expression, could only be England......or maybe Ireland.........or Kentucky !!

HM's to RoseCat Starzee and JillyG in fact Starzee's image made me think a lot about street photography. Would I as a man get away with lurking behind a young lady in a short skirt and taking pictures? Or is it just my English reserve?

p.s what has happened to GroovyGouvy ?
p.p.s it said thumbnail or full image, I chose thumbnail but it loaded both.......or is it just me :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I love Mobitog's new look and I love street photography. But actually 'doing it' fills me full of dread :eek: Maybe I've spent years avoiding having people in the shot, its just very hard for me to overcome that.

Anyways, LOADS of really good, thoughtful images this week, some new some old, but I can honestly say there isn't an image I do not like.
Very hard to pick a winner, but as usual as its a challenge someone needs to win.
1st is sdimbour Friends at the Eiffel Tower. How perfect is this, two friends caught in casual chat, that iconic tower behind and so clear an image.
View attachment 122709View attachment 122709

2nd is (and a very close second at that) is Coronation80. I just love that lady, who wouldn't! I think she's more European than Bristollian but what would I know.
View attachment 122710View attachment 122710

3rd was a brilliant rizole special, that horse, that woman's expression, could only be England......or maybe Ireland.........or Kentucky !!
View attachment 122711View attachment 122711

HM's to RoseCat Starzee and JillyG in fact Starzee's image made me think a lot about street photography. Would I as a man get away with lurking behind a young lady in a short skirt and taking pictures? Or is it just my English reserve?

p.p.s it said thumbnail or full image, I chose thumbnail but it loaded both.......or is it just me :confused:
Great piece of judging John. Congratulations to the Queen of Street, sdimbour Sandra.:notworthy: Well done to all and thank you for my HM. Gouvy is super busy at the moment and can’t devote as much time as she’d like to Mobitog. But she tells me she’ll be back soon. I hope the new look Mobitog doesn’t add to her stress levels.

View attachment 122709

View attachment 122710

View attachment 122711

Well done John! And I too have spent years trying to keep people out of my images... :confused: Congrats sdimbour Sandra! Well done. :) Hearty high fives to runners-up Coronation80 Stephen and rizole, and all the HMs (thank you for the mention! :D )

Now, I’ll try to get the winning image loaded into the Gallery if I can figure out how to do it with our new makeover. :mobibabe:

Well done John! And I too have spent years trying to keep people out of my images... :confused: Congrats sdimbour Sandra! Well done. :) Hearty high fives to runners-up Coronation80 Stephen and rizole, and all the HMs (thank you for the mention! :D )

Now, I’ll try to get the winning image loaded into the Gallery if I can figure out how to do it with our new makeover. :mobibabe:
When you find out, could you let me know.:D

View attachment 122709

View attachment 122710

View attachment 122711

Waowwww !!! So happy!!!
Thanks sinnerjohn for making me the winner this week.
Congrats Coronation80 and rizole great images !!! :thumbs:
I’ll be happy to judge next week challenge.

View attachment 122709

View attachment 122710

View attachment 122711

Just for the record, when I indulge in street photography, usually during gone sort of festival, I try not to look like I’m photographing anything. I hold the phone at my side or casually in front of me and use the volume buttons to snap. I try not to look lurk like. :rog:

Just for the record, when I indulge in street photography, usually during gone sort of festival, I try not to look like I’m photographing anything. I hold the phone at my side or casually in front of me and use the volume buttons to snap. I try not to look lurk like. :rog:
Yes... I never want anyone to know I’m taking their photo.... which is why I rarely get people shots.

Back
Top Bottom