MobiColour RESULT: MC #166 No Theme - April 1-7, 2019

She sells (glass) seashells by the seashore. :lol: Superimpose and Snapseed

1CAE955D-A130-415C-9D62-42C23655BBCF.jpeg

While the Cat’s away (enjoying herself in LA today!!), I am closing this Mobi Colour Challenge and calling upon terse Ted [yoo-hoo, Te-ed] to choose the ones, out of all of these fantastic colour images, that are his favourites. Whenever you feel up to it Ted. [you can see I’ve gone mad with the colour picker :lol: ].

First to rizole for Minster: Perfectly set up. I love the amber colors of the aged interior and the contrast of that interior with the metal poles stuffed with lighting gear.

20190405_161805-01-01-01-jpeg.143962

Second to zenjenny for Street Art: A street photo that captures three interesting subjects at once: The chalk-white performer making direct eye contact, the "Aussie-yobbo" in tie and ski goggles, off in his own world, and the little kid dashing out of the frame while staring at the photographer.

18496023-4112-4c77-af76-3b1c5ac961e3-jpeg.143908

Third to Jef for Omphalos: An unusual perspective that became even more intersting when I realized the various squiggles were reflections and not just random marks.

4594ac9f-2e40-4843-8c02-83f808b29fb1-jpeg.143975

Comeback Award to MotownLarry plus an Honorable Mention for his colorful dogs. Other Honorable Mentions to sinnerjohn for Chinatown, deepop for Tree Dragon, and Coronation80 for Man and Dog.

Hurrah to @me, zenjenny and Jef, placed in the colour and b&w threads this week I see.
I've been around this place long enough to have stopped anticipating winning, I enter pics for the fun of it really and I stopped trying to second guess myself or the judges so a win, when it comes, is a welcome surprise. :notworthy: thanks Ted.

First to rizole for Minster: Perfectly set up. I love the amber colors of the aged interior and the contrast of that interior with the metal poles stuffed with lighting gear.

Second to zenjenny for Street Art: A street photo that captures three interesting subjects at once: The chalk-white performer making direct eye contact, the "Aussie-yobbo" in tie and ski goggles, off in his own world, and the little kid dashing out of the frame while staring at the photographer.

Third to Jef for Omphalos: An unusual perspective that became even more intersting when I realized the various squiggles were reflections and not just random marks.

Comeback Award to MotownLarry plus an Honorable Mention for his colorful dogs. Other Honorable Mentions to sinnerjohn for Chinatown, deepop for Tree Dragon, and Coronation80 for Man and Dog.
Well, I don’t think you could get three more different images! A lovely piece of judging Ted - these are magnificent. Congratulations to rizole Rizole - another one of your great compositions and quirky finds. And talking of quirky finds - well done to zenjenny Jen for being there just at the right time for the skirt lift!!:lol: Hugs to Jef Jef for bringing us Omphalos in Chicago - I’m surprised he could tear himself away! As Ted says, welcome back to MotownLarry Larry - we’ve missed you. Snaps and claps to the HMs, sinnerjohn John, deepop David and Coronation80 Stephen. What a colourful week it was! While I stagger down to the Gallery with Rizole’s magnificent edifice, maybe he could be thinking about what he’d like as a theme.

Beautiful. And I’m singing that now. I’ve just looked up the lyrics cos I’ve been singing “wrapped up like a douche” since I first heard the song.:lmao: Now I see it’s “Revved up like a deuce”. “Deuce” - a deuce coupe, very popular as a hot rod in the 60s. You learn something new every day.:rolleyes:
Well, I’ve been singing it half wrong all these years!! “Wrapped up like a deuce” is my version. :lmao: :lol: :lmao: (I’m lmao @ “douche”)

While the Cat’s away (enjoying herself in LA today!!), I am closing this Mobi Colour Challenge
And I thank you kindly!!! XOXO

And now I’m back, but just for a day... today I drove to Cape Cod, MA for a few days vacation. It’s much colder than I anticipated and I fear I didn’t pack warm enough. :barf:

Well chosen, Ted! rizole your image is just gorgeous... :hearteyes: Those colors... and the deep glow of the aged, dark wood on the ceiling is just beautiful.

Loving zenjenny ’s image! What a fab scene (agree with Jilly about the perfect timing of the dress lift!)

Fab abstract Jef ! Once Ted mentioned the squiggles I zoomed in and what a fun surprise to see that they’re miniature people! Well seen... I love it.

High fives to MotownLarry (great to have you back, MobiSir!), sinnerjohn , deepop David and Coronation80 Stephen!! :D

Congrats rizole - your image would have been my luck, too, for composition and tones and as terse says the juxtaposition of somber tradition and tacky clumps of lighting. Nice play of light on that lovely ceiling art, too.
Congrats Jef (wow) welcome back MotownLarry and thank you Ted for my image’ 2nd :notworthy:

Last edited:
And I thank you kindly!!! XOXO

And now I’m back, but just for a day... today I drove to Cape Cod, MA for a few days vacation. It’s much colder than I anticipated and I fear I didn’t pack warm enough. :barf:

Well chosen, Ted! rizole your image is just gorgeous... :hearteyes: Those colors... and the deep glow of the aged, dark wood on the ceiling is just beautiful.

Loving zenjenny ’s image! What a fab scene (agree with Jilly about the perfect timing of the dress lift!)

Fab abstract Jef ! Once Ted mentioned the squiggles I zoomed in and what a fun surprise to see that they’re miniature people! Well seen... I love it.

High fives to MotownLarry (great to have you back, MobiSir!), sinnerjohn , deepop David and Coronation80 Stephen!! :D
Wow, Cape Cod (love Cape Cod). Looking forward to being reminded how gorgeous it is. Any chance that you might visit Province Town???

Wow, Cape Cod (love Cape Cod). Looking forward to being reminded how gorgeous it is. Any chance that you might visit Province Town???
I will most likely go to P-Town! Been there several times but it’s been quite a few years... Just an hour drive from where I’m staying. :D

I will most likely go to P-Town! Been there several times but it’s been quite a few years... Just an hour drive from where I’m staying. :D
Love P-Town! You’ve got to go. It’s so full of art and arty people. And the vibe is great.

Back
Top Bottom