MobiColour RESULT: MC #167 Theme: Blocks of Colour April 7 - 14, 2019

AAT.jpg

at any time - snapseed

I loved this theme.... one of those times when I think it would be abfab to have a photo book of all the images. :hearteyes: Now it’s time for rizole to choose his FAVORITES.

Only 3 pages of pics this week, fewer than normal so I thought judging would be a quick job but looking at it, the image density per page seems quite high this week so maybe there's just been less chat.
39 images posted 7 on my short list. In reverse:

HMs to
lkbside for Kiawah sunrise. A beaut and one of only 2 (3 if you count the tomatoes I guess) pictures of a natural scene.
deepop's Red Umbrellas and Backside of the mall, elegant in their simplicity.
zenjenny's This lovely corner (the entire wall) has since been painted eggshell blue. Strong composition, nice framing, lovely palette.
sinnerjohn's ENTRANCE because it reminded my of Wriggly's spearmint gum packet design and has a high potential for innuendo which, although tastefully avoided by others in the chat, has left me biting my tongue.

Third place I'm awarding to sinnerjohn for Quad. It's a good picture anyway but getting the gulls to pose takes it up a gear.
In second is deepop with Half Rugged Door. Another deceptively simple picture but with lots going on. Textures, colours, shadows and shapes within shapes.

And our winner this week is Glasshousebc with The ceiling of the bandstand.
DB4CAD7F-6A59-4A83-B953-3A45F33D70A8.jpeg

Who doesn't like a starburst design? Love the blues and yellow/reds and the vines that are part of the mosaic and light fixture. The framing is spot on with the weight of the image sitting comfortably around the lower 3rd line and again, an image with simplistic and complex elements at the same time. Nice one.

Please ingnore any typos - the cat is sitting in front of my pc screen as I type.

Only 3 pages of pics this week, fewer than normal so I thought judging would be a quick job but looking at it, the image density per page seems quite high this week so maybe there's just been less chat.

HMs to
lkbside for Kiawah sunrise. A beaut and one of only 2 (3 if you count the tomatoes I guess) pictures of a natural scene.
zenjenny's This lovely corner (the entire wall) has since been painted eggshell blue. Strong composition, nice framing, lovely palette.
sinnerjohn's ENTRANCE because it reminded my of Wriggly's spearmint gum packet design and has a high potential for innuendo which, although tastefully avoided by others in the chat, has left me biting my tongue.

Third place I'm awarding to sinnerjohn for Quad. It's a good picture anyway but getting the gulls to pose takes it up a gear.
In second is deepop with Half Rugged Door. Another deceptively simple picture but with lots going on. Textures, colours, shadows and shapes within shapes.

View attachment 144276

Who doesn't like a starburst design? Love the blues and yellow/reds and the vines that are part of the mosaic and light fixture. The framing is spot on with the weight of the image sitting comfortably around the lower 3rd line and again, an image with simplistic and complex elements at the same time. Nice one.

Please ingnore any typos - the cat is sitting in front of my pc screen as I type.
Good choice -- that ceiling is definitely a winner. Congrats to Glasshousebc and to deepop and sinnerjohn as well.

HMs to

View attachment 144276

Great wrap Rizole. In fact, I thought this was your best yet, typo-free wise. You should get the cat to sit in front more often:lmao:.

Fab wrap up rizole! And a good choice for sure... super congrats Glasshousebc Steve!! That's a gorgeous image.
High fives to sinnerjohn and deepop David... loved both of these images, and a chest bump to all the HMs - I would have had difficulty choosing too this week... so many great submissions. :inlove:

Check out Steve's beautiful image in the Gallery HERE.

Last edited:
Congrats Glasshousebc nice image there.
Yay to deepop and erm yay to me too, thank you innuendo free rizole :notworthy:

'Only 3 pages of pics this week, fewer than normal' do you think 'BLOCKS' of colour was misleading? Good theme but I struggled with that.
Or is it the ongoing site improvements? I guess we will see this week.
I concur with you. Thought I had got it and was going good guns, but proof was in in the pud.

HMs to

View attachment 144276

Good grief ... thank you... I’m stunned and pleasantly surprised

Back
Top Bottom