MobiColour RESULT: MC #168 Theme: A Walk on the Wild Side - April 15-21, 2019

Walk on the side of wild garlic.
20190416_165808-01.jpeg

b8cc641c-b7da-47f2-8bf4-937f4f712a99-jpeg.144286

Wing power
Halide camera, ACDSee Pro

I posted a very similar photo in B/W #122 (attached below). The two images were taken a fraction of a second apart, with a single click. It turns out that Halide's "Smart Raw" option takes two images and adjusts the exposure of the raw image according to the first image. In this case, the fraction of a second was enough to create two different images, one for the JPG and one for the DNG. At first I liked the full wingspread image better, but now I think I prefer the version above -- it feels like it shows more power than the other, even if it's not as beautifully spread.

F9926608-75F2-451A-BE4A-368FAB42749B.jpeg

Last edited:

Wing power

I posted a very similar photo in B/W #122 (attached below). The two images were taken a fraction of a second apart, with a single click. It turns out that Halide's "Smart Raw" option takes two images and adjusts the exposure of the raw image according to the first image. In this case, the fraction of a second was enough to create two different images, one for the JPG and one for the DNG. At first I like the full wingspread image better, but now I think I prefer the version above -- it feels like it shows more power than the other, even if it's not as beautifully spread.

View attachment 144332
They’re both just amazing shots. :hearteyes:

Wild Things
Every March our conservation club sponsors a team, Team Motorcycle McBride, at the annual KItty Haynes St. Baldrick’s Day. It’s a charity that raises money to fight childhood cancer. The team is in memory of a child of member who lost his fight.

The two shaggy guys have been growing their hair for several months (actually the one on the left hasn’t cut his hair for shaved for the entire year) the guy in the middle is a photo bomber.
DD100327-720E-4AD7-95A4-7C60E9675223.jpeg

I just realized one of Michael McBride’s sticker over the guy on the right’s head.

Wild Things
Every March our conservation club sponsors a team, Team Motorcycle McBride, at the annual KItty Haynes St. Baldrick’s Day. It’s a charity that raises money to fight childhood cancer. The team is in memory of a child of member who lost his fight.

The two shaggy guys have been growing their hair for several months (actually the one on the left hasn’t cut his hair for shaved for the entire year) the guy in the middle is a photo bomber.
View attachment 144337
I just realized one of Michael McBride’s sticker over the guy on the right’s head.
That’s a lot ‘o hair. :lol:

Wild Things

View attachment 144337

Now that’s a perfect interpretation of the theme brilliant.

Wing power

I posted a very similar photo in B/W #122 (attached below). The two images were taken a fraction of a second apart, with a single click. It turns out that Halide's "Smart Raw" option takes two images and adjusts the exposure of the raw image according to the first image. In this case, the fraction of a second was enough to create two different images, one for the JPG and one for the DNG. At first I liked the full wingspread image better, but now I think I prefer the version above -- it feels like it shows more power than the other, even if it's not as beautifully spread.

View attachment 144332
Beautiful, Ted.

Back
Top Bottom