At waves with diamond quills and combs of light
That arched their mackerel-backs and smacked the sand
In the moon's drench, that straight enormous glaze,
And ships far off asleep, and Harbour-buoys
Tossing their fireballs wearily each to each,
And tried to hear your voice, but all I heard
Was a boat's whistle, and the scraping squeal
Of seabirds' voices far away, and bells,
Five bells. Five bells coldly ringing out.
Five bells.

Kenneth Slessor
Beautiful

Glide on the Geese Train

IMG_9494-1.JPG

Native Cam/Enlight/Sky Lab

I looked out my window in the dark
At waves with diamond quills and combs of light
That arched their mackerel-backs and smacked the sand
In the moon's drench, that straight enormous glaze,
And ships far off asleep, and Harbour-buoys
Tossing their fireballs wearily each to each,
And tried to hear your voice, but all I heard
Was a boat's whistle, and the scraping squeal
Of seabirds' voices far away, and bells,
Five bells. Five bells coldly ringing out.
Five bells.

Kenneth Slessor
Haunting poem about which I knew nothing, so obviously googled it and found "n 1988 listeners to the ABC voted “Five Bells” Australia’s favorite poem." Jen has provided us with last stanza of a much longer work. I'm sure Jen can tell us more but here are 2 links, one to the poem- http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/five-bells/ and one to the backstory - https://quadrant.org.au/magazine/2012/10/the-life-and-death-of-joe-lynch/. Thanks Jen

Haunting poem about which I knew nothing, so obviously googled it and found "n 1988 listeners to the ABC voted “Five Bells” Australia’s favorite poem." Jen has provided us with last stanza of a much longer work. I'm sure Jen can tell us more but here are 2 links, one to the poem- http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/five-bells/ and one to the backstory - https://quadrant.org.au/magazine/2012/10/the-life-and-death-of-joe-lynch/. Thanks Jen

Glad you like it: 'haunting' is the word that springs to my mind, too. Doubly so if you know the backstory (thanks for posting the links).

Sorry I'm a bit late here Peeps! I had a busy day which included a flat tire while visiting a friend in Manhattan (there was a 3 inch screw in my tire!! :mad: ) The AAA guy was nice and plugged the hole for $40 (I pay to have AAA but apparently FIXING THINGS isn't included in the fee :angry: )

Anyway........ It's time for Mo-Co Morris to choose the winner(s)!! :thumbs:

OK, here we go.
First place goes to Geek1956 for Sydney at sunrise. The detail, lighting, composition, and the processing make this a shot that really stands out. Congratulations for a job well done!
4f046bd62dd9aa27e261a4031d16e817.jpg

Second-place goes to MsDee for another bloom. The colors and processing of this Photo make it one of a kind.
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1464262623.909565.jpg

Third-place goes to JillyG for Little deuce Coupe.
image.jpg

Honorable mention goes to ImageArt for the fish.
image.jpg

My thanks and congratulations to all who participated and I will see you next week.

Great choices Morris!! :D Congratulations Geek1956 Kevin!!! You will be the judge for the next MobiColor Challenge.... The Burning Question: Will there be a theme for next week? :coffee:

The new MobiColor challenge can be found HERE! :D

OK, here we go.
First place goes to Geek1956 for Sydney at sunrise. The detail, lighting, composition, and the processing make this a shot that really stands out. Congratulations for a job well done!
View attachment 77934
Second-place goes to MsDee for another bloom. The colors and processing of this Photo make it one of a kind.
View attachment 77935
View attachment 77936
View attachment 77937
My thanks and congratulations to all who participated and I will see you next week.

Thanks Mo-co for picking my photo. After some consideration I'm thinking nexts weeks theme will be "Urban Landscape". This definition may help
"Urban landscape is distinct from 'street photography', which looks at urban experience largely through a study of the people who live it, although the two genres may overlap. Urban landscape photographs often include people, but they are cleary situated and existing in the structures of the town or city."
Good luck [emoji106]

OK, here we go.
View attachment 77934
View attachment 77935
View attachment 77936
View attachment 77937

Thank you Morris, I'm honoured. Congratulations to Kevin, Dee and Ann - three wonderful images. Well done everyone who entered - it was another high calibre MCC.

Back
Top Bottom