MobiColour RESULT: MC #170 Theme: Parks &/or Recreation - April 29-May 5, 2019

I absolutely loved this week's theme, but I suppose it's time to close it up.... I don't envy lkbside Leslie her task, that's for sure! :D

I probably had a dozen top picks this week. SO many great shots.

After scrolling and scrolling and mulling it over, here are my favorites:

First goes to rizole for Snowdonia. Everything about this photo is just so stunning. The layers of depth & texture, leading line of the hikers into the atmospheric mist/fog, the panoramic aspect ration. Just beautiful! (And your "park in waiting photos" are great too!)
rizole.jpeg

Second to deepop - Patio Bowling - Such a charming shot - I love the point of view of the shot from above, the colors of the bowling pins, those cute little blue crocs!
deepop.jpeg

Tie for Third to:
terse - Fishing by the cement ship - I love that the ship is still peeking up out of the water, and the fisherman on the pier add another layer of interest.
terse.jpeg

Coronation80 - Messin about at the river - The composition on this one is fantastic - the shaded path, charming bridge with what looks like a colorful town beyond, the tiny people and boats in the river - or are those origami sculptures floating in the water?
stephen.jpg

And honorable mentions to everyone else - I love that everyone embraced my theme with such enthusiasm.

Thank you for my win :)
Well done deepop, terse and Coronation80.
This week I've been insulted on a Facebook page by elitist photography a**holes. I know that has nothing to do with mobitog but I'm licking my wounds and overreacting and so I'm interested in seeing over processed pics.
This weeks theme is over processing. Turn it up to 11.
Well deserved win :thumbs: The said photographers are probably more obsessed with their gear than actually making images.
Congrats to deepop terse and Coronation80 too.
I can do over processed :sneaky:

This week I've been insulted on a Facebook page by elitist photography a**holes. I know that has nothing to do with mobitog but I'm licking my wounds and overreacting and so I'm interested in seeing over processed pics.
Pah! Facebook Shmacebook! Well jeal they are.

First goes to rizole for Snowdonia. Everything about this photo is just so stunning. The layers of depth & texture, leading line of the hikers into the atmospheric mist/fog, the panoramic aspect ration. Just beautiful! (And your "park in waiting photos" are great too!)

Second to deepop - Patio Bowling - Such a charming shot - I love the point of view of the shot from above, the colors of the bowling pins, those cute little blue crocs!

Tie for Third to:
terse - Fishing by the cement ship - I love that the ship is still peeking up out of the water, and the fisherman on the pier add another layer of interest.
Coronation80 - Messin about at the river - The composition on this one is fantastic - the shaded path, charming bridge with what looks like a colorful town beyond, the tiny people and boats in the river - or are those origami sculptures floating in the water?

And honorable mentions to everyone else - I love that everyone embraced my theme with such enthusiasm.
Thank you for the co-third, Leslie! I didn't expect a show among all these great photos. Congrats to rizole (who had several that could have been winners), deepop (likewise), and Coronation80 (also).

Yeah, been there. And the worst part is, I have a hard time letting go because it's just impossible to make them understand that they're wrong! :lmao:

I'd like to know more about that....

GGGGRRRRRRR..... lemme at 'em!!! Bunch of jerks!! :angry:

View attachment 144981

View attachment 144982

Tie for Third to:
View attachment 144984

View attachment 144983

Congrats rizole , terse , and Coronation80. Thanks for the 2nd spot, Leslie. (Now if I could only I could only pull a Kentucky Derby...)

I'd like to know more about that....
He said 'that's oversaturated'. I said 'Yes it is, that's what I wanted it to look like'. He writes several paragraphs criticising 'that type' of photography and 'that type' of photographer and tells me that when I have more experience I'll know better. A couple of other chaps chip in and discuss at length what real photographers do and don't do and how I should be grateful for the constructive criticism as it will make me a better photographer.
I said 'thank you but no thank you' and pointed out that I thought they were in fact being rude and not constructive. They ignored my point and carried on being rude.
I left the group gracefully with my picture sitting there with more likes than any other that had been posted for a couple of months on that thread and arguments breaking out among the members, posts deleted, positions doubled down on, people going silent, that sort of thing.
The funny thing is I'm not sure the original poster didn't have a point about over saturation he just didn't need to be a pompous, arrogant self appointed arbiter of photography to get that point across.

Last edited:
He said 'that's oversaturated'. I said 'Yes it is, that's what I wanted it to look like'. He writes several paragraphs criticising 'that type' of photography and 'that type' of photographer and tells me that when I have more experience I'll know better. A couple of other chaps chip in and discuss at length what real photographers do and don't do and how I should be grateful for the constructive criticism as it will make me a better photographer.
I said 'thank you but no thank you' and pointed out that I thought they were in fact being rude and not constructive. They ignored my point and carried on being rude.
I left the group gracefully with my picture sitting there with more likes than any other that had been posted for a couple of months on that thread and arguments breaking out among the members, posts deleted, positions doubled down on, people going silent, that sort of thing.
The funny thing is I'm not sure the original poster didn't have a point about over saturation he just didn't need to be a pompous, arrogant self appointed arbiter of photography to get that point across.
That gentleman may think he is photographer, but he lacks vision.

I have been seeing this sort of thing for years, you just have to ignore them and carry on, at the end of the day its your photo and your vision. Your last sentence sums up the problem perfectly; some constructive criticism can make you look at things from a different angle but there are ways to say it and other ways of saying it. I've had people say things to me online they would never say face to face.
Shame you left though as it looks like you might have really shaken the group up.

I couldn't stay. I post pics for fun and I like it when others like my stuff. They soured the fun for me. Besides, they were criticising a pic that ended up very popular. Leaving graciously on a high felt like the best slap in the face of the critical I was likely to get.
Was it a general photography group or mobile specific?

Was it a general photography group or mobile specific?
General, pics of the local area. I was selective in what I posted and tended to get a lot of likes. The guy who runs the page is a landscape photographer by profession and I imagine it put his nose out of joint that I tended to get more likes than him. It was him that started the "constructive criticism".

General, pics of the local area. I was selective in what I posted and tended to get a lot of likes. The guy who runs the page is a landscape photographer by profession and I imagine it put his nose out of joint that I tended to get more likes than him. It was him that started the "constructive criticism".
Ah well, now you might have a reason there. Anyway plenty more forums out there. Now I'm off to choose a winner for the B & W comp - I shall no doubt make myself extremely unpopular pointing out various deficiencies in people's talent! (that's a joke btw)...

UGH. :mad::barf:
This is a perfect example why I love MobiTog, and don’t participate in other groups any more. ESPECIALLY if they are non-mobile photogs.

UGH. :mad::barf:
This is a perfect example why I love MobiTog, and don’t participate in other groups any more. ESPECIALLY if they are non-mobile photogs.
Best steer clear of my review of B&W 125 then: a no holds barred, blow the bloody doors off number, coming up soon!

Back
Top Bottom