On the Fall Creek Trail
Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park
ProCamera, Photos, ACDSee Pro
View attachment 144916

View attachment 144917

Abandoned lime kilns
Fall Creek Trail, Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park
Lightroom HDR, Snapseed, Photos

In the 19 century, the redwood-forested hills above Santa Cruz produced timber (naturally), lime (from roasting native limestone in kilns), and gunpowder (powder mills being situated there because they tended to explode).
View attachment 144950

Fall Creek crossing
Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park
ProCamera, ACDSee Pro, Snapseed

That pass paid for itself already :).

I couldn't stay. I post pics for fun and I like it when others like my stuff. They soured the fun for me. Besides, they were criticising a pic that ended up very popular. Leaving graciously on a high felt like the best slap in the face of the critical I was likely to get.

Look at me. Am I bovvered?

I probably had a dozen top picks this week. SO many great shots.

After scrolling and scrolling and mulling it over, here are my favorites:

First goes to rizole for Snowdonia. Everything about this photo is just so stunning. The layers of depth & texture, leading line of the hikers into the atmospheric mist/fog, the panoramic aspect ration. Just beautiful! (And your "park in waiting photos" are great too!)
View attachment 144981

Second to deepop - Patio Bowling - Such a charming shot - I love the point of view of the shot from above, the colors of the bowling pins, those cute little blue crocs!
View attachment 144982

Tie for Third to:
terse - Fishing by the cement ship - I love that the ship is still peeking up out of the water, and the fisherman on the pier add another layer of interest.
View attachment 144984

Coronation80 - Messin about at the river - The composition on this one is fantastic - the shaded path, charming bridge with what looks like a colorful town beyond, the tiny people and boats in the river - or are those origami sculptures floating in the water?
View attachment 144983

And honorable mentions to everyone else - I love that everyone embraced my theme with such enthusiasm.

Thank you lkbside for such an inspiring theme. And congrats rizole deepop terse Coronation80 and all for such inspiring photos :inlove:

That pass paid for itself already :).
It certainly has, and there are more places around here where I can use it than I thought, including Nisene Marks State Park, which has a discrete sign marking the epicenter of the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake. And there's a big slough further a bit further south with otters and canoeists and other marine wildlife.

Look

Looks wonderful — and is that seafoam in the bg?
It’s the waves crashing on the rocks. This is where we were swimming:
845CB036-BF2F-4EA7-B369-943CAAC9E51C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom