• > UPDATE < Thanks to all who've so far DONATED helping us update MobiTog, keep 'em coming please! AND A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog is open for business with some minor stuff on-going... :)

MobiColour RESULT: MC #171 Theme: Over-Processing - May 6-12, 2019

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
Will someone explain to me in a simple sentence the difference between HDR and ‘over-processing’?

rizole

In for it!
MobiSupporter
Device
Samsung
Will someone explain to me in a simple sentence the difference between HDR and ‘over-processing’?
HDR is just one form of processing that can be done to a picture. When it is overdone its is just one form of overprocessing. The line between one and the other is debatable.

Picture processed with HDR.
IMG_20190506_111556-01.jpeg

Picture over processed with HDR.
IMG_20190506_111556-02.jpeg

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Sorry to be a bit MIA... my company’s biggest event of the year - McDonald’s Gospelfest - was yesterday so I had a 12+ hour workday. People are tired... o_O :coffee:

Time for rizole to choose his favorite over-processed images, whenever he’s ready. :D

rizole

In for it!
MobiSupporter
Device
Samsung
I had a 12+ hour workday
Yikes! :eek:

I've enjoyed this week. Interesting to see what people think overprocessed looks like. There were several pics posted that I wouldn't consider as overprocessed. Maybe that says more about me and the facebook critics have a point. :D
Today there's 9 on my shortlist.

In reverse order HMS to:
MotownLarry for Red Storm Rising - love the colour.
terse for Experiments in oversaturation
RoseCat for From 2011. No idea what apps I used, but it was probably several.
sinnerjohn for One of my earlier Snapseed / Samsung S3 edits 2014. I've definitely thrown the kitchen sink at it, I don't think I'd go down this route again and Bus stop
zenjenny for Girls on Film

In third place this week is Starzee with Someone mentioned iColorama.
Love it. Is it a dead spider on a chicken wire fence? Doesn't matter, it's an album cover for my money.

In second this week is Jef with The Dandy Lion .
Got it all, an extensive pallette, blurring and sharp focus and a nice bit of simple geometry. And it's also square, stick it on an album cover too.

And my winner this week......

Dramatic pause.....drum roll...

Is ValeriGail with The Mood Wall
This is just lush. I love the reduced palette the intense saturation, textures, shapes, lighting. I'd stick it on my wall.
Nice work :D
DD5E52C7-4808-4241-B27D-693BA075F931.jpeg

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365

I've enjoyed this week. Interesting to see what people think overprocessed looks like. There were several pics posted that I wouldn't consider as overprocessed. Maybe that says more about me and the facebook critics have a point. :D

In reverse order HMS to:
sinnerjohn for One of my earlier Snapseed / Samsung S3 edits 2014. I've definitely thrown the kitchen sink at it, I don't think I'd go down this route again and Bus stop

Love it. Is it a dead spider on a chicken wire fence? Doesn't matter, it's an album cover for my money.

Got it all, an extensive pallette, blurring and sharp focus and a nice bit of simple geometry. And it's also square, stick it on an album cover too.

This is just lush. I love the reduced palette the intense saturation, textures, shapes, lighting. I'd stick it on my wall.
View attachment 145164
Great judging. Yes, ValeriGail ’s image was rather cool - well done! And well done to Jef and Starzee.

sinnerjohn

Smooth Bug Catcher
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel

In reverse order HMS to:

View attachment 145164
Interesting week. Not surprised you picked ValeriGail 's image, its pure Rizolian!
Yay to all winners :thumbs:

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
Congrats ValeriGail - I loved your image too (even before I discovered it was a ‘Rizolean’ work - thanks sinnerjohn for the new term)

Congrats to all HMs! Nice of you to go to the trouble of putting links to that long list, rizole - good to be able to flick back and enjoy the images again through your eyes. And thank you for including my image :notworthy:

Congrats Jef and Starzee for your overprocessed beauties :thumbs: (we saw a gorgeous version of Jef’s Dandelion in BW this week, too).

‘Rizolean’ is a hard act to follow, ValeriGail — what do you have for us this week?