MobiColour RESULT: MC #171 Theme: Over-Processing - May 6-12, 2019

Will someone explain to me in a simple sentence the difference between HDR and ‘over-processing’?

Will someone explain to me in a simple sentence the difference between HDR and ‘over-processing’?

HDR is just one form of processing that can be done to a picture. When it is overdone its is just one form of overprocessing. The line between one and the other is debatable.

Picture processed with HDR.
IMG_20190506_111556-01.jpeg

Picture over processed with HDR.
IMG_20190506_111556-02.jpeg

Sorry to be a bit MIA... my company’s biggest event of the year - McDonald’s Gospelfest - was yesterday so I had a 12+ hour workday. People are tired... o_O :coffee:

Time for rizole to choose his favorite over-processed images, whenever he’s ready. :D

I had a 12+ hour workday
Yikes! :eek:

I've enjoyed this week. Interesting to see what people think overprocessed looks like. There were several pics posted that I wouldn't consider as overprocessed. Maybe that says more about me and the facebook critics have a point. :D
Today there's 9 on my shortlist.

In reverse order HMS to:
MotownLarry for Red Storm Rising - love the colour.
terse for Experiments in oversaturation
RoseCat for From 2011. No idea what apps I used, but it was probably several.
sinnerjohn for One of my earlier Snapseed / Samsung S3 edits 2014. I've definitely thrown the kitchen sink at it, I don't think I'd go down this route again and Bus stop
zenjenny for Girls on Film

In third place this week is Starzee with Someone mentioned iColorama.
Love it. Is it a dead spider on a chicken wire fence? Doesn't matter, it's an album cover for my money.
04cd5d19-513c-4cce-a007-507691af5217-png.145061

In second this week is Jef with The Dandy Lion .
Got it all, an extensive pallette, blurring and sharp focus and a nice bit of simple geometry. And it's also square, stick it on an album cover too.
d5a020c3-b4d3-4ac5-87e0-025f89c113d8-jpeg.145013

And my winner this week......

Dramatic pause.....drum roll...

Is ValeriGail with The Mood Wall
This is just lush. I love the reduced palette the intense saturation, textures, shapes, lighting. I'd stick it on my wall.
Nice work :D
DD5E52C7-4808-4241-B27D-693BA075F931.jpeg

I've enjoyed this week. Interesting to see what people think overprocessed looks like. There were several pics posted that I wouldn't consider as overprocessed. Maybe that says more about me and the facebook critics have a point. :D

In reverse order HMS to:
sinnerjohn for One of my earlier Snapseed / Samsung S3 edits 2014. I've definitely thrown the kitchen sink at it, I don't think I'd go down this route again and Bus stop

Love it. Is it a dead spider on a chicken wire fence? Doesn't matter, it's an album cover for my money.

Got it all, an extensive pallette, blurring and sharp focus and a nice bit of simple geometry. And it's also square, stick it on an album cover too.

This is just lush. I love the reduced palette the intense saturation, textures, shapes, lighting. I'd stick it on my wall.
View attachment 145164
Great judging. Yes, ValeriGail ’s image was rather cool - well done! And well done to Jef and Starzee.

In reverse order HMS to:

View attachment 145164
Interesting week. Not surprised you picked ValeriGail 's image, its pure Rizolian!
Yay to all winners :thumbs:

Congrats ValeriGail - I loved your image too (even before I discovered it was a ‘Rizolean’ work - thanks sinnerjohn for the new term)

Congrats to all HMs! Nice of you to go to the trouble of putting links to that long list, rizole - good to be able to flick back and enjoy the images again through your eyes. And thank you for including my image :notworthy:

Congrats Jef and Starzee for your overprocessed beauties :thumbs: (we saw a gorgeous version of Jef’s Dandelion in BW this week, too).

‘Rizolean’ is a hard act to follow, ValeriGail — what do you have for us this week?

Back
Top Bottom