MobiColour RESULT: MC #171 Theme: Over-Processing - May 6-12, 2019

Congrats ValeriGail - I loved your image too (even before I discovered it was a ‘Rizolean’ work - thanks sinnerjohn for the new term)

Congrats to all HMs! Nice of you to go to the trouble of putting links to that long list, rizole - good to be able to flick back and enjoy the images again through your eyes. And thank you for including my image :notworthy:

Congrats Jef and Starzee for your overprocessed beauties :thumbs: (we saw a gorgeous version of Jef’s Dandelion in BW this week, too).

‘Rizolean’ is a hard act to follow, ValeriGail — what do you have for us this week?
Lots of cool stuff this week, very pleased with a second, thank you. Excellent challenge.

Yikes! :eek:

I've enjoyed this week. Interesting to see what people think overprocessed looks like. There were several pics posted that I wouldn't consider as overprocessed. Maybe that says more about me and the facebook critics have a point. :D
Today there's 9 on my shortlist.

In reverse order HMS to:
MotownLarry for Red Storm Rising - love the colour.
terse for Experiments in oversaturation
RoseCat for From 2011. No idea what apps I used, but it was probably several.
sinnerjohn for One of my earlier Snapseed / Samsung S3 edits 2014. I've definitely thrown the kitchen sink at it, I don't think I'd go down this route again and Bus stop
zenjenny for Girls on Film

In third place this week is Starzee with Someone mentioned iColorama.
Love it. Is it a dead spider on a chicken wire fence? Doesn't matter, it's an album cover for my money.
04cd5d19-513c-4cce-a007-507691af5217-png.145061

In second this week is Jef with The Dandy Lion .
Got it all, an extensive pallette, blurring and sharp focus and a nice bit of simple geometry. And it's also square, stick it on an album cover too.
d5a020c3-b4d3-4ac5-87e0-025f89c113d8-jpeg.145013

And my winner this week......

Dramatic pause.....drum roll...

Is ValeriGail with The Mood Wall
This is just lush. I love the reduced palette the intense saturation, textures, shapes, lighting. I'd stick it on my wall.
Nice work :D
View attachment 145164

Very nicely wrapped up, Rizole! Well done ValeriGail! Such a simple composition but so rich in color and texture. Congrats!

Lovely work Jef and Starzee, and all the HMs - very much appreciate my image being included too. :) This was a really fun theme, and I loved the feeling of “no holds barred” during the editing process. May need to keep it in mind more often.

Yikes! :eek:

I've enjoyed this week. Interesting to see what people think overprocessed looks like. There were several pics posted that I wouldn't consider as overprocessed. Maybe that says more about me and the facebook critics have a point. :D
Today there's 9 on my shortlist.

In reverse order HMS to:
MotownLarry for Red Storm Rising - love the colour.
terse for Experiments in oversaturation
RoseCat for From 2011. No idea what apps I used, but it was probably several.
sinnerjohn for One of my earlier Snapseed / Samsung S3 edits 2014. I've definitely thrown the kitchen sink at it, I don't think I'd go down this route again and Bus stop
zenjenny for Girls on Film

In third place this week is Starzee with Someone mentioned iColorama.
Love it. Is it a dead spider on a chicken wire fence? Doesn't matter, it's an album cover for my money.
04cd5d19-513c-4cce-a007-507691af5217-png.145061

In second this week is Jef with The Dandy Lion .
Got it all, an extensive pallette, blurring and sharp focus and a nice bit of simple geometry. And it's also square, stick it on an album cover too.
d5a020c3-b4d3-4ac5-87e0-025f89c113d8-jpeg.145013

And my winner this week......

Dramatic pause.....drum roll...

Is ValeriGail with The Mood Wall
This is just lush. I love the reduced palette the intense saturation, textures, shapes, lighting. I'd stick it on my wall.
Nice work :D
View attachment 145164
Thank you for my third and congrats to Jef and ValeriGail! Yes, that is a dead spider but it was on a classic car at a car show.

Ok. I’m shook!

I seriously apologize! This is the first chance I’ve had to check back in here. I’ve been the main care giver for my son who had 3 major surgeries and was in hospital from April 22 till May 8th. I posted this during his third surgery, trying to keep my mind busy and away from worry. It is actually a glass wall up on the 24th floor of MD Anderson hospital in Houston, their observation tower floor. It’s the first thing you see when you step off the elevator. It struck me, the first time I saw it, as mood altering. It’s blue, but when I took close ups, the colors from the other side came through. I went up the night before his surgery to have a moment alone to compose myself and prepare for the next day. Do what I always do in times of high stress, I lost myself in photography. The composition is simple because that is what I needed at the time. Simple, peaceful, quiet. I was glad for the distraction of editing and had planned to come back with some older stuff to post, but things got busy and, with everything, I forgot. I was shocked to see my pic when I loaded up mobitog just now and thought maybe it wasn’t refreshing. Lol.

This is the first time I’ve ever won a challenge. I’d say I don’t have words, but I’m pretty sure I just wrote a book. :D Thank you. I’m honored.

Ok. I’m shook!

I seriously apologize! This is the first chance I’ve had to check back in here. I’ve been the main care giver for my son who had 3 major surgeries and was in hospital from April 22 till May 8th. I posted this during his third surgery, trying to keep my mind busy and away from worry. It is actually a glass wall up on the 24th floor of MD Anderson hospital in Houston, their observation tower floor. It’s the first thing you see when you step off the elevator. It struck me, the first time I saw it, as mood altering. It’s blue, but when I took close ups, the colors from the other side came through. I went up the night before his surgery to have a moment alone to compose myself and prepare for the next day. Do what I always do in times of high stress, I lost myself in photography. The composition is simple because that is what I needed at the time. Simple, peaceful, quiet. I was glad for the distraction of editing and had planned to come back with some older stuff to post, but things got busy and, with everything, I forgot. I was shocked to see my pic when I loaded up mobitog just now and thought maybe it wasn’t refreshing. Lol.

This is the first time I’ve ever won a challenge. I’d say I don’t have words, but I’m pretty sure I just wrote a book. :D Thank you. I’m honored.
Hoping your son is recovering well, Valeri. Not much in life that's more stressful than doing "hospital time", either for oneself or especially for a loved one. I'm glad that MobiTog brought you some time to escape a bit and find a little peace. Sending you and your son lots of love and hugs! xoxo

Back
Top Bottom