MobiColour RESULT: MC #172 No Theme - May 13-19, 2019

I so love poppies. These look well-established. Do they just come up every year? Are they tangled up with other stuff or is that all poppy greenery?
These were not our ordinary California poppies. They're huge, and the bush looks to be almost 6 feet tall. They're growing at the Neary Lagoon reserve in Santa Cruz. (I was there looking for egrets.)

Untitled.
20190517_210243-01.jpeg

These were not our ordinary California poppies. They're huge, and the bush looks to be almost 6 feet tall. They're growing at the Neary Lagoon reserve in Santa Cruz. (I was there looking for egrets.)

6 feet!!! I noticed the pods looked different to the California poppies (we have them) and the bigger opium poppies (we’re not supposed to have them) but no idea they were that big. I wish you could send seeds. I’ll settle for some pics of the pods when there’s lots? :D :notworthy: :)

I seriously apologize for not being here to pick a theme :pensive: I feel like I’ve let y’all down. I’m sad to miss my first chance at judging, too, but I’m not sure if I can give it my full attention with all that’s going on here at home. If there is someone else willing to step in and judge this week, I’d be really appreciative. Like, I will love you forever and ever :D

f there is someone else willing to step in and judge this week, I’d be really appreciative. Like, I will love you forever and ever :D
Hmmmmmmm.... well, Jef came in second last week.... :sneaky: Jef, would you be willing/able to judge this challenge sometime today? :whistle::D:coffee:

EDIT: After I posted this I see that you are also the judge for this week's B&W. :eek: If doing both is too much I totally understand.

Last edited:
I seriously apologize for not being here to pick a theme :pensive: I feel like I’ve let y’all down. I’m sad to miss my first chance at judging, too, but I’m not sure if I can give it my full attention with all that’s going on here at home. If there is someone else willing to step in and judge this week, I’d be really appreciative. Like, I will love you forever and ever :D

All good, Valeri — you’ve been around long enough to see how we are pretty good at going with the flow here :inlove:

You do what you need to do, drop in again when the time is right, we’ll be here :thumbs: :) :hearteyecat:

Usually when I know I’m going to judge I have judge goggles on during the week... so I had a different take this week. The following are the photos that immediately stuck out during the week.

In first is sinnerjohn with this beauty.
326E2781-B042-4C05-86CA-7F29FC5DEC31.jpeg

The colors in the sky, the whisky clouds, illuminated buildings got me right away. It looks like a homey, cozy little place in a big world.

Second is Coronation80 with a unique perspective. I love the creativity and the colors.
CA07612A-7C08-4BE3-A500-6457735406B5.jpeg

Third is rizole with his cobbled street. There are lots of things to love here, but with this being the color challenge what I love most is the splash of color in the corner that makes the rest of this work for me. The sun is leading the eye and illuminating everything else.
1CE6C930-BEC5-440D-A392-FF60C921DD6F.jpeg

Usually when I know I’m going to judge I have judge goggles on during the week... so I had a different take this week. The following are the photos that immediately stuck out during the week.

In first is sinnerjohn with this beauty.View attachment 145389
The colors in the sky, the whisky clouds, illuminated buildings got me right away. It looks like a homey, cozy little place in a big world.

Second is Coronation80 with a unique perspective. I love the creativity and the colors.View attachment 145388

Third is rizole with his cobbled street. There are lots of things to love here, but with this being the color challenge what I love most is the splash of color in the corner that makes the rest of this work for me. The sun is leading the eye and illuminating everything else.
View attachment 145390
Well done, John! Great pics from Stephen and Rizole too!

Second is Coronation80 with a unique perspective. I love the creativity and the colors.View attachment 145388

View attachment 145390
Hey Jef, you’re getting good at this judging lark! Great work sinnerjohn John! And two beauties from Coronation80 Stephen and rizole Rizole too. Now what has John got for us in the way of a theme?

View attachment 145390
Well, I didn't expect that. Many thanks Jef, I took this last week from my back door..........and then processed it a touch ;) but it was a lovely evening sky.
Well done Coronation80 and rizole :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom