MobiColour RESULT: MC #174 Theme: TEXT - May 27-June 2, 2019

IMG_20190528_170405-01.jpeg

I read the news today, oh boy.

Its a five-shot revolver, not a front loader.
But you do load each chamber from the front with powder and ball, the lever below the barrel presses each charge home, then the percussion cap is attached to the nipples (yes) at the rear of each chamber.

But you do load each chamber from the front with powder and ball, the lever below the barrel presses each charge home, then the percussion cap is attached to the nipples (yes) at the rear of each chamber.
That's what I was thinking. I didn't see any other purpose for that lever under the barrel.

Its a five-shot revolver, not a front loader.
That's what I was thinking. I didn't see any other purpose for that lever under the barrel.
And the little duck emerging from the cardboard box :)
Reading mobitog in order can get slightly surreal ...:D

There were lots of great entries this week, so congrats to everyone.
For me, the one photo that grabbed me every time I went by was lkbside Leslie's Espanola, NM. The contrasting brilliant red and blue, the color scheme, and the composition with the up pointing trident and the diagonal of the wall leading out eyes up and out. A very arresting photo. (I wan't crazy about what Hipsta did to the blue sky, but it wasn't a deal breaker.)
8EC52A70-5EFB-4BFB-949D-4CEEDF629CAD.jpeg

In second is Coronation80 Stephen's Night Train to Athens. The sense of motion is wonderfully captured but the blur doesn't dampen the array of colors on the train cars.
DSC_1047.jpg

In third was another Hipsta photo, GroovyGouvy 's Moderne which has a different kind of movement the words seemingly floating above the floor.
F8475F1D-5326-425B-A468-10493F497844.jpg

HM's to rizole 's ITV. The upward pointing soles of the sneakers (?trainers) really capture my eye. And I love the colors of @jilly's silhouetted tree (although the text brings me back to eighth grade when I had to recite that poem -ugh!- and always brings to mind Ogden Hash's rendition
"I think that I shall never see
A billboard lovely as a tree
Indeed, unless the billboards fall
I'll never see a tree at all.")

Lovely wrap-up, David! :thumbs: I love lkbside Leslie’s image too - Congrats!! :D High fives to Coronation80 Stephen and GroovyGouvy, and the HMs rizole and JillyG ! Feel free to head over to the Gallery and check out Leslie’s winning image.

always brings to mind Ogden Hash's rendition
Indeed.... o_O

There were lots of great entries this week, so congrats to everyone.
For me, the one photo that grabbed me every time I went by was lkbside Leslie's Espanola, NM. The contrasting brilliant red and blue, the color scheme, and the composition with the up pointing trident and the diagonal of the wall leading out eyes up and out. A very arresting photo. (I wan't crazy about what Hipsta did to the blue sky, but it wasn't a deal breaker.)
View attachment 145882
In second is Coronation80 Stephen's Night Train to Athens. The sense of motion is wonderfully captured but the blur doesn't dampen the array of colors on the train cars.
View attachment 145883

In third was another Hipsta photo, GroovyGouvy 's Moderne which has a different kind of movement the words seemingly floating above the floor.
View attachment 145886

HM's to rizole 's ITV. The upward pointing soles of the sneakers (?trainers) really capture my eye. And I love the colors of @jilly's silhouetted tree (although the text brings me back to eighth grade when I had to recite that poem -ugh!- and always brings to mind Ogden Hash's rendition

:lol: thanks for placing me third with a picture I didn’t enter, it was just reference. :lol: nevertheless I’m honoured. :)
Congrats to lkbside, that was my favourite image, too.
And for sure a big hand for Coronation80 :thumbs:

There were sooooo many great shots!!! Applause for everybody who joined!!!

Back
Top Bottom