MobiColour RESULT: MC #174 Theme: TEXT - May 27-June 2, 2019

There were lots of great entries this week, so congrats to everyone.
For me, the one photo that grabbed me every time I went by was lkbside Leslie's Espanola, NM. The contrasting brilliant red and blue, the color scheme, and the composition with the up pointing trident and the diagonal of the wall leading out eyes up and out. A very arresting photo. (I wan't crazy about what Hipsta did to the blue sky, but it wasn't a deal breaker.)
View attachment 145882In second is Coronation80 Stephen's Night Train to Athens. The sense of motion is wonderfully captured but the blur doesn't dampen the array of colors on the train cars.
View attachment 145883

In third was another Hipsta photo, GroovyGouvy 's Moderne which has a different kind of movement the words seemingly floating above the floor.
View attachment 145886

HM's to rizole 's ITV. The upward pointing soles of the sneakers (?trainers) really capture my eye. And I love the colors of @jilly's silhouetted tree (although the text brings me back to eighth grade when I had to recite that poem -ugh!- and always brings to mind Ogden Hash's rendition
"I think that I shall never see
A billboard lovely as a tree
Indeed, unless the billboards fall
I'll never see a tree at all.")
Three great choices from a wonderful collection of images portraying an inspired theme. Thank you for my HM and I apologise for bringing back unhappy memories. :lol: “Ogden Hash” - a quick puff and that should make you forget.:lol:

Three great choices from a wonderful collection of images portraying an inspired theme. Thank you for my HM and I apologise for bringing back unhappy memories. :lol: “Ogden Hash” - a quick puff and that should make you forget.:lol:
Definitely a Freudian typo.Unfortunately, the lines are way too long at our local marijuana emporium.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom