MobiColour RESULT: MC #182 Theme: No Theme - July 22-28, 2019

Ready to sail....
2731ACB3-CF24-4C77-A7F9-1A7B8FC58E8E.jpeg

This morning’s sunrise.
A9FE1FB2-8FA8-4A1B-A8D8-98FAE5251BB9.jpeg

This is where the sun rises at this time of year, the view from my upstairs window to the left of the tree.

F062D5DE-0851-4CE6-8E53-6DB03BBDA17B.jpeg

The view to the right of the tree. This is where the sun rises in winter.

I opened the window, eyes still foggy with sleep, removed the window screen for a clear view. I put my Moment Tele lens on the 2x camera and selected PureShot in HDR mode, ISO 20, and made a couple of pictures braced against the side of the window frame. Suddenly my picture making was combined with fending off a hoard of Alfred Hitchcock mosquitoes. One arm waving wildly while trying to make pictures with the other hand. I had to cut it short. In that short time about 30 mosquitoes got into the room and I spent the next hour tracking them down.

So much for going back to sleep.

HDR editing in Fusion.

Suddenly my picture making was combined with fending off a hoard of Alfred Hitchcock mosquitoes. One arm waving wildly while trying to make pictures with the other hand. I had to cut it short. In that short time about 30 mosquitoes got into the room and I spent the next hour tracking them down.
:eek: They’re beautiful images, but I hate mosquitoes too much.... nothing would be worth having those @!#%! inside, eating me alive. :barf:

This morning’s sunrise.
View attachment 147674
This is where the sun rises at this time of year, the view from my upstairs window to the left of the tree.

View attachment 147673

I opened the window, eyes still foggy with sleep, removed the window screen for a clear view. I put my Moment Tele lens on the 2x camera and selected PureShot in HDR mode, ISO 20, and made a couple of pictures braced against the side of the window frame. Suddenly my picture making was combined with fending off a hoard of Alfred Hitchcock mosquitoes. One arm waving wildly while trying to make pictures with the other hand. I had to cut it short. In that short time about 30 mosquitoes got into the room and I spent the next hour tracking them down.

HDR editing in Fusion.
Lovely. Mosquitoes! What a nightmare. I’ve managed to get away with no bites this year - touch wood. Somebody told me to eat Marmite and I’ve had some religiously every couple of days. Whether it’s this or I’ve just been lucky I don’t know.

I keep puzzling over why someone would go to all the work of cutting off so many branches, and they obviously had to get up high to do it, and then not finish the job. There were right there with all the equipment but packed up and left. I wonder of they felt the tree performed some function as it is.

I keep puzzling over why someone would go to all the work of cutting off so many branches, and they obviously had to get up high to do it, and then not finish the job. There were right there with all the equipment but packed up and left. I wonder of they felt the tree performed some function as it is.
Looks like a tree that's been struck by lightning to me, effectively sterilizing it. They can last for decades like that and make a good natural sculpture. I guess you'd chop the main branches off for safety???

This morning’s sunrise.
View attachment 147674

View attachment 147673

HDR editing in Fusion.
Beautiful images. And how is it mosquito hoards appear so suddenly? One day we’re taking a nice stroll along out favorite trail, the next day we’re jogging back to the car before we even get to the trail.

And Sunday is here once again.... these week's are flying! It's now up to moi to choose a winner. :eek: I've got my Yerba Mate tea in hand, BRB. :coffee:

A lovely collection of images this week, with so many themes! I loved browsing through them all again. :) This week the winner was pretty obvious for me...

First place to JillyG Jilly for "Safe Hands" - this image jumps out of my computer screen every time I scroll past - so full of heart and compassion, the wisdom and beauty of those hands... gazing at it almost brought tears to my eyes.
Jilly Safe Hands.jpeg

Second place to rizole for his second image in the series "2D Textures" - I just love this type of found abstract. Perfect composition, shapes and colors.

rizole 2d textures.jpeg

Third place to jsi John for ". . . The Stairway to Heaven Redux . . ."
- Wonderful minimal composition!
JSI John . . . The Stairway to Heaven Redux . . ..jpeg

HMs to everyone else, with special mentions to GroovyGouvy "Down The Mall" - such a great composition! And in addition, I see at least 4 other fab abstracts within it; terse Ted "Fixer-upper" - and not only because I dream of being a Van Lifer :whistle: ; Coronation80 Stephen's "Harbour Festival" with it's riotous & chaotic bursts of color that just works! and "Pelican Brief" - I just love all the angles/lines that the pipes, ropes and chains make, and how the Pelican's beak mimics those lines; rizole "Water feature" - love the composition and low angle; deepop David's "Plain ol' flowers" - those vibrant colors are anything but plain! WELL DONE EVERYONE!! :inlove:

A lovely collection of images this week, with so many themes! I loved browsing through them all again. :) This week the winner was pretty obvious for me...

First place to JillyG Jilly for "Safe Hands" - this image jumps out of my computer screen every time I scroll past - so full of heart and compassion, the wisdom and beauty of those hands... gazing at it almost brought tears to my eyes.
View attachment 147703

Second place to rizole for his second image in the series "2D Textures" - I just love this type of found abstract. Perfect composition, shapes and colors.

View attachment 147705

Third place to jsi John for ". . . The Stairway to Heaven Redux . . ."
- Wonderful minimal composition!
View attachment 147704

HMs to everyone else, with special mentions to GroovyGouvy "Down The Mall" - such a great composition! And in addition, I see at least 4 other fab abstracts within it; terse Ted "Fixer-upper" - and not only because I dream of being a Van Lifer :whistle: ; Coronation80 Stephen's "Harbour Festival" with it's riotous & chaotic bursts of color that just works! and "Pelican Brief" - I just love all the angles/lines that the pipes, ropes and chains make, and how the Pelican's beak mimics those lines; rizole "Water feature" - love the composition and low angle; deepop David's "Plain ol' flowers" - those vibrant colors are anything but plain! WELL DONE EVERYONE!! :inlove:
Fantastic judging. Great winners. Thanks for my mentions too.

Back
Top Bottom