MobiColour RESULT: MC #184 Theme: The Human Form - August 5-11, 2019

Interesting theme rizole did you want real humans, as I see many sculptures being posted?
I always see a statue or sculpture as being someone else's vision and we are merely copying that vision.

Last edited:
Interesting theme rizole did you want real humans, as I see many sculptures being posted?
I always see a statue or sculpture as being someone else's vision and we are merely copying that vision.
I was thinking of living, breathing humans when I set the theme but didn't make that explicit at the time so other people's artwork is fine by me.

But I take your point and in fact actual humans are very likely to carry more weight in my final decision. I'm already more interested in those pics submitted with them in. Taking pics of others art is easy. Taking pics of meatspace people takes a bit more.

I think to be in the running with someone else's art you need another twist or perspective the original artist didn't see at the time. Not to single her out but I like what ImageArt has done with GOD as an example of that. It's an interesting and well made bit of art but I also got a little 'ahah!' moment when I saw the extra bit of thought and detail she added when she lined up her camera.

I was thinking of living, breathing humans when I set the theme but didn't make that explicit at the time so other people's artwork is fine by me.

But I take your point and in fact actual humans are very likely to carry more weight in my final decision. I'm already more interested in those pics submitted with them in. Taking pics of others art is easy. Taking pics of meatspace people takes a bit more.

I think to be in the running with someone else's art you need another twist or perspective the original artist didn't see at the time. Not to single her out but I like what @imaageart has done with GOD as an example of that. It's an interesting and well made bit of art but I also got a little 'ahah!' moment when I saw the extra bit of thought and detail she added when she lined up her camera.
:lmao: You’ve definitely “singled out” ImageArt Ann. Well, that puts a different complexion (ooh, “complexion” *thinks*) on things. Just as well John asked and you clarified or we could have all been going down the wrong strasse.

:lmao: You’ve definitely “singled out” ImageArt Ann. Well, that puts a different complexion (ooh, “complexion” *thinks*) on things. Just as well John asked and you clarified or we could have all been going down the wrong strasse.
Yeah but I'll be judging the pics on photographic whatsits. A nice pic of a well lit hand will trump a nice pic of Michealangelo's David's perfectly sculptured hand because what can you do with M's David's hand that's not been done before? That's not to say a sculpture cant win but not on the merits of the original artists skill or vision.

I think to be in the running with someone else's art you need another twist or perspective the original artist didn't see at the time. Not to single her out but I like what ImageArt has done with GOD as an example of that. It's an interesting and well made bit of art but I also got a little 'ahah!' moment when I saw the extra bit of thought and detail she added when she lined up her camera.
Can we just be careful not to criticise the eye of each other. Put one piece of art in front of three people and the will all see, feel and interpret it very differently. Perhaps more clarity in theme may help? I'm sure no one would want folks removing images that are clearly not befitting "the theme" further in previous challenges, perhaps filling the "meatspace" with real people has been also criticised! ie. Candid people shots. As I say clarity rules!

C2D88EDA-35A8-473D-A5B5-FED44CC7D09C.jpeg

Mirror, mirror on the wall...
Portra (Thanks terse Ted! This is a cool app...)

Can we just be careful not to criticise the eye of each other. Put one piece of art in front of three people and the will all see, feel and interpret it very differently. Perhaps more clarity in theme may help? I'm sure no one would want folks removing images that are clearly not befitting "the theme" further in previous challenges, perhaps filling the "meatspace" with real people has been also criticised! ie. Candid people shots. As I say clarity rules!
Oh dear, it all seems to have gotten a bit muddy, that wasn't the intension.
For those that want clatity, I'll refer you back to the theme as originally written.
Theme: Studies of the human form. Bodies, limbs, curves, bumps, hair, clothed, bare skin, torsos, heads, textures, colours, still or moving. How ever you want to do it.

To be honest most of our challenges are wide open when it comes to interpretation and we are lucky in this instance that rizole has played his hand a little up front. The best photography is all about imagination these days - it has to be when millions of images are posted each day. But saying that I enjoy all the images that are posted regardless of whether they win / fit the theme. This what it's all about isn't it?

Eye C U

x2017-03-31_165307000_4D798_iOS.png

It's an oldie from 2017, Apple Cam (front with macro lens attached), Pixify (which unfortunatelry died. Not by iOS upgrade, just because the dev stopped his work :(. The best Prisma like app ever. In this case in = out = 1280 x 960 px and I could beat up myself that I didn't save the HD picture (that would have been 4096 x 3072 and that even on an iPod!!! I was testing the app and was happy, thinking I can repeat this "tomorrow" in HD and forgot. What a pity! :angry::screamcat:) But some day I'll print it on canvas. It's definiteley the best version of all.

Calendar Girl
609A13B7-4894-48AB-B649-B96CC71AE0DF.png

NativeCam, Snapseed
An evening photo shoot for the Calendar Girls Calendar. Our Community Theater is going to present this and sell the calendar it raise funds for breast cancer. Sunny, the woman in the flower crown, had a double mastectomy and is being fitted here with a floral “bra”. This is one of the funniest photo shoots I have been a part of.

Back
Top Bottom