MobiColour RESULT: MC #185 Theme: Nature/Wildlife - August 12-18, 2019

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190810171659420_COVER-Tilt-Shift-1565614271065.jpg

the circle of life

Wow... :hearteyes: Where were you... looks a bit like Jurassic Park. :D
Where is this, Gouvy?
That was at the Opel Zoo some weeks ago. And the Noodle Thief was right where I took the Elephant picture. I had some noodles with tomato sauce. The sparrow came and took one. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
What you see through the fence it the elephant area. The restaurant is above it and you have a great view from the the lodge. :)

Last edited:
A nature challenge would not be complete without a Heron and this one's a beauty.
I love birds and a heron comes to fish in the river outside my cottage around dawn several days every week. Too early for me and ever so shy .. nice to see one relaxed
Thanks, guys. I was using the Moment 2x tele lens, but all the same, this one did let me get quite close. I hung around a bit, hoping to get a photo of it taking off, but it was content just to sit there and relax.

even without the birds this would be a lovely shot, those clouds......
Thanks, John. I'm planning to make a print of this one but with a looser crop. It's one of those pictures that didn't really grab me until I was reviewing the photos from that day at home. I think maybe that's the 3D/2D change from real life to flat screen. Sometimes I have a feel for what a photo's going to look like when I snap it; other times I'm not sure until I see it flat.

Back
Top Bottom