MobiColour RESULT: MC #189 Theme: Zero Fauna or Flora - September 9-15, 2019

Firstly guys. Sorry if the clarity of my theme this week has confused anyone. It is really NO FLOWERS, NO BIRDS, NO ANIMALS (OF COURSE BY THAT I DON'T MEAN MAN, WOMAN OR CHILD)!
Secondly I was slightly offended by the "don't cheat with children" can folks be a bit careful with comments please.
I think they were just joking... but sometimes subtle joking can get lost in translation when one is typing it out. :)

Firstly guys. Sorry if the clarity of my theme this week has confused anyone. It is really NO FLOWERS, NO BIRDS, NO ANIMALS (OF COURSE BY THAT I DON'T MEAN MAN, WOMAN OR CHILD)!
Secondly I was slightly offended by the "don't cheat with children" can folks be a bit careful with comments please.
No, no, no. There’s a lot good natured teasing that goes on around here. “Cheating” with cutie pie kids, cuddly kittens, cat and dogs, just means that they are cutie pies and cuddly and make everyone smile. It’s totally tongue in cheek. I’ve been around for 4 years and every single one of these fine people is sincere, caring of one another. No offense was meant by that at all.

No, no, no. There’s a lot good natured teasing that goes on around here. “Cheating” with cutie pie kids, cuddly kittens, cat and dogs, just means that they are cutie pies and cuddly and make everyone smile. It’s totally tongue in cheek. I’ve been around for 4 years and every single one of these fine people is sincere, caring of one another. No offense was meant by that at all.

I am happy to accept that., and I'm sure that Breconrambler (Hans) will too. Let's just be careful that we all get your jokes, jibes, tongue and cheek or whatever. Thanks for your response.

FC945C0D-4B4B-4B0D-B6FD-7A706185D247.jpeg

The world reflected in a reptile's eye
(Another variation of Geometry)
Leonardo, iColorama, Percolator

For those who can read and remember what a dictionary is, I suggest they use it before showing them self off with cheap and unqualified ‘jokes’.
Let's just be careful that we all get your jokes, jibes, tongue and cheek or whatever. Thanks for your response.
Not everyone is going to *get* every joke or inference. One of the (many) things that makes this place we call MobiTog so wonderful is that it’s filled with people from all over the world, many whose native language is not English.

The spirit here is one of community, encouragement and friendship. I’ve been part of MobiTog for at least 6 years and in all that time I can count on one or two fingers people who were actually trying to be offensive. It’s best to treat our community members with the benefit of the doubt, and if one is unsure of the meaning or intent behind a comment, simply reach out to that person in a private message, or to one of the staff members, or both, to work out any miscommunications. Going back and forth publicly with jibs and jabs, hurt feelings, or confusion could potentially create an unnecessary situation.

In addition, every single challenge or competition here is based on having fun, being creative and maybe learning something new or stepping outside one’s comfort zone a bit, with very few rules, and no real consequences if someone happens to break those rules. It’s like hanging with your family and playing a friendly game of Monopoly... (hmmm.... maybe that was a bad example?? :sneaky: :lol: )

Okay then.... let’s all carry on with the fabulous images that may not include flora or fauna but where human images are welcomed with open arms. :D :D :D

I think they were just joking... but sometimes subtle joking can get lost in translation when one is typing it out. :)
Thanks, you’ve put the words right out of my mouth. What I meant is pets and children are always the heart grabbers. Doomed are all those having neither at hand. Sorry for the confusion, but English isn’t my mother tongue. I meant it as straight as I wrote it, unaware it could be ambiguous. :(

Thank you. That’s exactly what I meant. :inlove:

Back
Top Bottom