Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
color
[kuhl-er]

noun
1. the quality of an object or substance with respect to light reflected by the object, usually determined visually by measurement of hue, saturation, and brightness of the reflected light; saturation or chroma; hue.

adjective
1. involving, utilizing, yielding, or possessing color: a color TV.

Welcome to MobiTog's color Challenge #190! The rules are easy: Post your mobile photography color images here - LIMIT OF 3 IMAGES IN ONE POST, preferably 1 image per post. No black & white, no shades of grey, just BOLD BRIGHT COLORS! Or, SOFT PASTEL COLORS. Whatever strikes your fancy, or your color palette. :D

The challenge will last one week, and then the winner of the prior challenge will choose the winner of the current challenge, who will then decide if there will be a theme to the next challenge or not, and what that theme will be. :sneaky:

Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE.
Check out our previous winners in the Gallery HERE.

Let's electrify this space with C O L O R !!

Theme: No theme!

Judge: Breconrambler Hans!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry boys and girls for the lack of colour and pzazz in the opening post for the challenge( I’ve tried to make up for it here), but none of the editing comes over when I copy it to here. Never mind. It’s a NO THEME week this week so let’s go for it! :thumbs:

F1B2D8E9-4C59-4C63-AA1C-A1402FF44979.jpeg
Young and old...

"Colorful" shots can sometimes be a wee bit tricky around here; there's basically only various shades of blue in these parts, so one simply must decide which is the prettier hue... the very blue sky, or the very blue sea! Nevertheless, here's a new landscape, captured handheld with my Xiaomi Mi 9 smartphone, using its ultra-wide-angle cam this time. This is the main road which runs through the scenic little village of Deep Bay, located just a few kms from our home in Island Harbour. This is straight from my phone with no editing, aside from resizing.

"Colorful" shots can sometimes be a wee bit tricky around here; there's basically only various shades of blue in these parts, so one simply must decide which is the prettier hue... the very blue sky, or the very blue sea! Nevertheless, here's a new landscape, captured handheld with my Xiaomi Mi 9 smartphone, using its ultra-wide-angle cam this time. This is the main road which runs through the scenic little village of Deep Bay, located just a few kms from our home in Island Harbour. This is straight from my phone with no editing, aside from resizing.

View attachment 149568
Wow, those colours are wonderful. And that little shack!!:eek: Precarious or what!

View attachment 149568
thinks makes me think clean and fresh, you're very lucky living where you do :thumbs:

Wow, those colours are wonderful. And that little shack!!:eek: Precarious or what!
Actually JillyG, the shack in the photo is well-anchored and of quality construction. These small buildings are called fishing "stages", and our Newfoundland shores are dotted with many thousands of them. Traditionally, they have been used for processing and storing the local fishermen's catch-of-the-day. Most of Fogo Island's stages are quite old... well over a century... and when you consider the many storms/hurricanes/blizzards that these buildings have endured over the years, it's quite amazing that they are still standing!

Actually JillyG, the shack in the photo is well-anchored and of quality construction. These small buildings are called fishing "stages", and our Newfoundland shores are dotted with many thousands of them. Traditionally, they have been used for processing and storing the local fishermen's catch-of-the-day. Most of Fogo Island's stages are quite old... well over a century... and when you consider the many storms/hurricanes/blizzards that these buildings have endured over the years, it's quite amazing that they are still standing!
So they’re super sturdy after all? They must be to have faced all of that weather and still be standing, let alone looking good. How lovely that they’re still there and maintained. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom