MobiColour RESULT: MC #190 No Theme - September 16-22, 2019

So they’re super sturdy after all? They must be to have faced all of that weather and still be standing, let alone looking good. How lovely that they’re still there and maintained. :thumbs:
Yes, the locals generally keep their stages and timber wharves in very good condition. Here's a pic of the two red fishing stages which sit at our shoreline directly in front of our home. We thought for sure that Hurricane Igor in 2010 was going to smash them to smithereens, and we thought the same thing again a couple weeks ago about Hurricane Dorian, but these old stages are definitely built to last!

(captured handheld in low light using my Xiaomi Mi 9 smartphone... no edits except to resize)

"Colorful" shots can sometimes be a wee bit tricky around here; there's basically only various shades of blue in these parts, so one simply must decide which is the prettier hue... the very blue sky, or the very blue sea! Nevertheless, here's a new landscape, captured handheld with my Xiaomi Mi 9 smartphone, using its ultra-wide-angle cam this time. This is the main road which runs through the scenic little village of Deep Bay, located just a few kms from our home in Island Harbour. This is straight from my phone with no editing, aside from resizing.

View attachment 149568
Beware the traffic....

This house is in walking distance from my abode and I always intended to take a picture of it when we had Timestamp. Unfortunately it doesn’t have the Ferrari flag on the flag pole anymore. :lol:

This image really doesn’t do all the statues justice.

B0A68A1D-5A2B-464A-8985-1E9361DF104E.jpeg

Sorry boys and girls for the lack of colour and pzazz in the opening post for the challenge( I’ve tried to make up for it here), but none of the editing comes over when I copy it to here. Never mind. It’s a NO THEME week this week so let’s go for it! :thumbs:
:lmao:

It’s tricky... when you go to copy it, you need to edit the original post, then tap the cog so that all the formatting code shows, copy all, then go to the new post and paste.

This house is in walking distance from my abode and I always intended to take a picture of it when we had Timestamp. Unfortunately it doesn’t have the Ferrari flag on the flag pole anymore. :lol:

View attachment 149646
Now, isn’t that something. So many things wrong with it (imho) - the cladding, the front door, the leaded windows, the columns, the crazy (CRAZY) paving, the Victorian iron railings - it’s like they’ve chosen a particular feature from a century and run with it. But, if they feel the love when they drive up to it, then who am I to be snobby about it. An Englishman’s home is his castle (and Englishwoman of course).

Now, isn’t that something. So many things wrong with it (imho) - the cladding, the front door, the leaded windows, the columns, the crazy (CRAZY) paving, the Victorian iron railings - it’s like they’ve chosen a particular feature from a century and run with it. But, if they feel the love when they drive up to it, then who am I to be snobby about it. An Englishman’s home is his castle (and Englishwoman of course).
LOL... I will agree. :lol:

View attachment 149646
No Ferrari on the drive either... let’s the house of kitsch down if only a little bit....)

Back
Top Bottom